Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Or you take VTO2000A-B1

AIS

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh thats good information for me. So if I install VTO2000A-B1, will i be able to configure it with my mobiles (3 devices Android & iPhone) without VTH or any other hardware?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would say yes - that's how it's supposed to be.
No other HW? Absolutely! If you have a power supply (12-24V DC) and ethernet cable at the VTO2000A-C + VTO2000A-B1 you should be fine.

But if you have any other question b'out VTO2000A: pls. post it at the right thread, this one's for another device.

AIS

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh thank you again for pointing it out. I will search for right thread

costib

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i resume :
VTO2000A, VTH15XX series = VTNS1060A or 12V power supply
VTO2111, VTO3211, VTH52XX series = normal POE or 12V power supply
Can someone please reconfirm that VTO3211D-P together with VTH5221DW works with a standard PoE(802.3af) switch and I don't need VTNS1060A (Dahua's proprietary power supply for IP System).

Thanks.

Steff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can just confirm it for VTO3211D-P2.
This runs with normal POE.

For the indoor intercom monitor I don’t know.
My VTH1560CS does not work with my POE switch (Ubiquiti UniFi Switch 24 250W).

costib

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you @Steff , that's good to know.
Now I'm just waiting for someone else to confirm the same thing for VTH5221DW and I can make my order...

RobertoL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
may someone can help me... I have a VTO3221D and VTH5221D. It was worked fine until I set the MIC volume to the max (100) on VTO, last night. This morning the Audio from VTO to the VTH doesn't work any more. I did some troubleshooting, without find any specific issue.
At the end I try to upgrade the firmware to the: General_VTO3221D_EngItlSpnFrnDthGetPtg_P_32M_V3.200.9999000.0.R.20180421.bin which is ok. The issue with the MIC still there present. No Audio is going from VTO to the VTH (it is ok from VTH to VTO)
With the new firmware I have the issue that the DOOR OPEN remane all the time energized. I connect the DOOR with the DOOR-COM and DOOR-NO ---Before the firmware upgrade, it was fine!

Do someone know how to download the older firmware version for VTO3221D?

Thanks

margan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hallo to all,
I'm new here but I'm following this topic from time since I'm wating for the delivery of this item, the VTO3211D-P2. So staying in the topic re, I've some question to the experts/owners:
1) being designed for two apartments (that's my situation) how can be used a unbranded POE switch since I (we) need to split the ring/call to one of the two apartments, one for each button ?
2) the pairing limit to one only mobile or tablet, is a limt of the mobile app or of the VTO3211D ? Not having the unit in my hands, can't understand how/why the unit can recognize one mobile only and than closes its paring process. The mobile or tablet should be in life forever !
3) Any new about an alternative firmware ?
4) When the VTO is connected to the LAN what kind of device can be seen ?

Thanks in advance for sharing !

ps: bought from china, my unit is still retained from customs, experienced by any italian or EU guy ?

C.J.

n3wb
Reaction score
Had one of these running for a few months on a solar / battery setup, & it’s been flawless...

Just power them all locally on 12V.

I don’t have ANY VTH’s, & it does notifications to 4 different mobiles on iDMSS perfectly. Then the client can see / talk to them & open / close the gate from ANYWHERE!
Just Assign a Name to each button (on one of the Setup Tabs), & it provides a QR code to capture on each phone in iDMSS (under the ‘Door’ option, NOT the Camera Option).
You CAN’T have multiple buttons notify the same phone tho.

There is a newer firmware than the stock xxxxx.00000 it comes with, but I don’t know what the differences are, as I went straight to the newer one @ Install.

You can see a serial number as it’s identifier, not 100% sure but you may be able to change the Bonjour name on the camera (the P2P serial no. IS the default) .

Last edited:

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Found a russian forum, where they offer lots of pretty new dahua firmware files. Maybe some of you could try images from there to get further:Скачать

Reactions: int

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone tried yet? Are these images reliable?

Thanks,
INT

margan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone tried yet? Are these images reliable?
INT
Sure, tried..... and bricked the VTO!:facepalm: A week of work to unbrick it with UART and TFTP.
Luckily there is a thread here that helps people to recover these devices, IPC or doorbells, it's the same.

They appears to be signed firmwares also, but I can't understand the source of these firmwares, original-genuine or not and why the guys that release them seem to be so happy.

Last edited:

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I (and some other guys from a german forum) upgraded the VTO2000A - everything fine with it.