Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

Reaction score
Hi and thanks for the promp reply.
I connecting directly (192.0.0.128/64 and also tried 192.168.1.128/64) using SADP. I wonder it takes about 4-5 minutes to boot.
Some notes which may help identify problem.
- TFTP update log was not as described in docs. It finished on digicap.dav transfer complete. But did not show any kernel updated, etc messages.
- Camera never become Inactive, but always appears online as Activated.
- Previuosly (5.2.5) it was configured as DHCP but now I see settings reset to default values. But passwords not working.

May be somebody can provide link to 5.2.5 fw? I will try to restore via TFTP again.
Also, I think the factory reset method with (RST 30s lock + Power ON) should work with SD card. But I am not sure where to get recovery image.

Reaction score
@bp2008, I checked the date and it is exactly as I put to generator. The only difference camera time was 19:xx when my time was 15:xx. But I think only date valuable.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct, only the date is valuable, not the time of day. As long as you did everything else exactly right (e.g. 2-digit month and day values, 4 digit year value, proper capitalization in serial number) then I'd agree that Hikvision probably changed the reset code logic.

Reaction score
The problem I have now - TFTP not working. Also, I do not see any effect from RST button.
Will try to record a short video in a minutes.

Reaction score
If generator owner still monitor topic could you point which file contains code check? May be I will make some research.

Reaction score
I cant change anything because cam does not accept neither default password nor the password I set previously.
If you know the method how to change it without the passwords - let me know. I thought when it start bootup and check tftp it uses predefined IP 192.0.0.64 automatically. No need to change.
Also, as I see cam changed its MAC address after upgraded via TFTP. Old MAC was C4:2F:XX:2D:XX:XX:XX, now it is C4:2F:XX:00:XX:XX:XX

Reaction score
I did, without any effect.
Even when I replug power fast Windows shows connection lost and then enable again.
Cam blinking leds: 3 at once on reboot, then permanent alarm and blinking link. Such state continues during 7 minutes.
Then cam reboot again (3 leds at once), but this time only alarm left. No link. If I connect using putty-telnet, cam blinking link. But meanwhile no activity.
BTW, network status shows only sent packets present. No incoming packets.

TFTP not working. SADP v2.3.2.6 does not detect cam. Few hours ago v2.3.2.5 detected cam periodically.
v2.3.2.6 has new password recovery.
May be network cable wrong? I used standard node-router cable. Do I need any special pinning?

Reaction score
Hi to all. So, what I have now. I moved to WinXP and SADP can see cam each run. Also, TFTP working again - at least transmit file. But I do not see any updating activity (20 minutes gone). If no success, will try to downgrade.
Most probable it means Win Vista+ (Win 7, etc) have firewall problems (UDP filtering?) even if you turn off Win firewall.

USA support yesterday sent doc with the new password reset procedure using .xml files. In doc they noted SADP automatically detects cam sw revision (old is less than 3.1.x) and propose old reset or new reset. SADP detects sw v4.0.x (20150428) on my cam but does not propose .xml reset and still waiting for security code. And does not accept the code from well-known tool.

Ahmad Mohy

n3wb
Reaction score
i tested it on oem hikvesion , tvi-1216 , it didnt work , wounder if that only for ip cameras ,or all hikvesion comparable sdap

Elk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
got nvr DS-7616NI-[FONT=arial, sans-serif]SP16... that's the way serial number look's like[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]need to reset it pass keep getting fail... i tried to set the date of today and the date it 1st came to air.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]what should i remove to try the code[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]and is it possible to enter the code from out side the internal network ? [/FONT]

ajason

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does not work with a new 4MP camera: DS-2CD2042W-I. I can't change the IP number. All I get is "password recovery failed"

I got this camera direct from China. The serial number does not have a CCH, it does have a WR.

Fimware is 5.3.2 Build 150603

Any suggestions?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It has been suggested that hikvision changed the password reset mechanism, but I don't know since I do not have any recent Hikvision cameras!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does not work with a new 4MP camera: DS-2CD2042W-I. I can't change the IP number. All I get is "password recovery failed"

I got this camera direct from China. The serial number does not have a CCH, it does have a WR.

Fimware is 5.3.2 Build 150603

Any suggestions?
If you are simply trying to change the ip address, use hivksions SADP tool