Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

hdhwx42

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

for all who ordered a new camera from China with a version 5.3.x.

The default password is changed from "12345" to "123456789abc".

For me it helped.

Regards

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Please excuse the basic questions:
When I first plugged into my network and powered the camera on it did not ask or prompt for any passwords so I believe this was set there end.
If there was no login screen to prompt for passwords, what did you see with your browser?
What is the IP address of your PC?
If you ping the IP address of 192.168.1.64 do you get a reply?
it will not connect to the web interface on the 192.168.1.64 Default IP
What response do you get from the browser if you try to connect at this address?

Gar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

Didn't work for my dvr (DS-7208HGHI) that i just bought and installed, but the sob (i doubt i can find another qualifier) who sold it to me, tossed in an admin password, and became "unreachable".
Are there any factory reset button inside ?

Kindly
Gar

Reaction score
Tried it on my NVR 7108 and it doesnt work.
Itried the SADP tool 2.3.3.6 and the new version 3.
Allso with the the older verision 2.1.0.2 and same thing.. password recovery failed.
Seems like I have a brick and need to order a new NVR :(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
As a last resort - if the seller won't help and the tool does not work - a tftp firmware update/recovery will set everything back to default values, it clear the configuration.
But you'd need to be sure of the model and ideally the existing firmware version.

Ballack

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to use SADPtool but my nvr ip is not showing. help me what to do

Reaction score
Ballack, upgraded to win 10? Then reinstall winscp as Windows 7 compability and admin.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Ballack

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using windows 7 but when I'm running the application no IP address is detecting

flame2104

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera dose not need the reset code now , the SADP display export and import , how does this works?

- - - Updated - - -

The camera dose not need the reset code now , the SADP display export and import , how does this works?

mandalay

n3wb
Reaction score
Confirmed this tool works on 2 DS-2CD2332-I Chinese cameras with 5.2.5 firmware and SADP 2.1.0.2. Thanks a bunch @bp2008 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
According to the new sadp user manual, suppose to generate a key then send to them for a file to import back...this seems to be happening to 5.3.x cameras as my 5.2.0 camera were still accepting security code reset.
SADP reset method.JPG
When you export, it generates a file called DeviceKey.XML and when you open it with a notepad it'll give you some letters...(i got 'AwAAADQ2NzQ1MDc0N/G6ICg=') when i tried to open it.

I tried to use the password reset code to generate a code, save it onto a notepad file, renamed it as an xml file, then import...but no good.

Luckily my cube camera had a reset button so it went back to the default setting after i turn off the camera, held the button down with a pencil and power it back on, hold it down for 10 seconds and let go of the button and it went back to the default settings.

Only two ways to do it seems like without hoping for help from Hikvision...either TFTP flash the firmware again or find the hard reset button on the camera (hope you have one!).

PS: thank you bp2008 this tool has saved my butt countless times as it has many others!

Last edited by a moderator:

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunately you can't do it anymore with the tool.

This tool is great because it helped people, but it also forced Hikvision to use RSA for password resets now.

No disrespect to those involved who wanted to help people - but maybe it shouldn't have been made public and just kept a bit quieter (resets over PMs or something).

ashesb0rn

n3wb
Reaction score
i am facing same problem but as being novice, i am facing difficulties. i do iknow what is my camera date and time!!!
Any help? i used the reset tool. but i m feeling i am making mistakes :(