Hikvision upgrade firmware to 5.3.0

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here is the chinese 5.3.0 firmware from aliexpress reseller
The drop link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4kp06y4j0...gicap.dav?dl=0
Yes, I know, but I'm interested in the new cams only. Guess if they have 5.3.1 or 5.3.2 etc then we won't be able to upgrade anymore? Or we should find an official Chinese firmware 5.3.0.

We should turn off dsp init. if possible, and if does not result other boot error.

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got 2 piece of 5.3.0 camera, it does not telnet anymore. So there is no way to dump it.

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got my 5.3.0 camera tftp with 5.3.0 chinese firmware, do not close tftp and telnet, It was not active on 192.0.0.64
It's still possible to telnet in to 5.3.0
First tftp 5.3.0 onto the camera, don't close the tftp. Teĺnet is now active on 192.0.0.64
Next start the ftp via telnet and your ftp is good to go. 1st thing to do is delete the digicap.dav in the root otherwise anything you change will be lost on the reboot. Now play inside.

Just need to mount it some how to get the mtdblocks off the cam and back on.

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BusyBox v1.19.3 (2015-03-20 20:49:18 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

BusyBox v1.2.1 Protect Shell (psh)
Enter 'help' for a list of davinci system commands.
It allows ssh, but some commands like cat df ls are not allowed.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To access the telnet you, basically follow my guide on De-Bricking a Camera, Telnet and Ftp are both in there and fully working, a bit of playing should make the active on boot.
SSH is very limited as you have said Alexander.

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's still possible to telnet in to 5.3.0
First tftp 5.3.0 onto the camera, don't close the tftp. Teĺnet is now active on 192.0.0.64
Next start the ftp via telnet and your ftp is good to go. 1st thing to do is delete the digicap.dav in the root otherwise anything you change will be lost on the reboot. Now play inside.

Just need to mount it some how to get the mtdblocks off the cam and back on.
just copy via FTP commands from mtdutils (nanddump, nandwrite, flash_eraseall, flash_erase) to tmp onto cam, type chmod 777 nanddump, chmod 777 nandwrite etc through telnet/serial, then you can run the commands and dump or reflash

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Upgrading an mtd hacked 5.2.5 / 5.2.8 with Chinese 5.3.0 firmware (with or without flag change with hiktools) will brick, changing the mtd's Back allows the upgrade.

Not yet tried to change the mtd's after it has booted and configured the firmware.

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It bricks either if you change the mtd's back.

It does not allow the upgrade even if you don't hack the mtd.

But to make sure I will double check on monday, I'm not at home during the weekend.

Upgrading an mtd hacked 5.2.5 / 5.2.8 with Chinese 5.3.0 firmware (with or without flag change with hiktools) will brick, changing the mtd's Back allows the upgrade.

Not yet tried to change the mtd's after it has booted and configured the firmware.

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My cameras are 5.3.0 without mtd changed, No telnet. So i tftp it with 5.3.0 chinese firmware again, not close the tftp after upgraded complete. But still can not telnet or FTP. Any solution?
To access the telnet you, basically follow my guide on De-Bricking a Camera, Telnet and Ftp are both in there and fully working, a bit of playing should make the active on boot.
SSH is very limited as you have said Alexander.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You must telnet in on 192.0.0.64 then -ftpd &.
then using a ftp program 192.0.0.64
these are in the firmware.

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Whoislooking, When after tftp complete, i did not close it and run the putty to to telnet. But as the picture showes, not availble, anything I missed?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
are you using the correct 5.3.0 for the model of camera? not sure why you are seeing chinese words in the tftp.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Use SADP to check if the camera is on a DHCP issued address or its normal IP address.
From what I remember - it will stay on 192.0.0.64 after tftp if it does not fully boot after the update.

alexander.omiz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my camera is 5.3.0 on sticker. Step 1, I run the offical chinese 5.3.0 download from hikvision website.As showed on SADP

Step 2 i test SSH to provide you the hard informations

Step 3, I run tftp and wait

Step4 try telnet, but seem nothing

Attachments

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you can't ftp after don't closing TFTP probably if you connect through serial then you can enable ftp with typing ftpd &. in putty. you have to stop boot by pressing ctrl+u or ctrl+c I'm not sure when you can enter ftpd. One of them lets ftpd &. work so it enables ftp you can connect and transfer files.

Can you save everything down from the 5.3.0 cam via ftp and share a pack?

My cameras are 5.3.0 without mtd changed, No telnet. So i tftp it with 5.3.0 chinese firmware again, not close the tftp after upgraded complete. But still can not telnet or FTP. Any solution?

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps but I was given this from a chinese vendor to upgrade my "multi language" 5.2.5 DS-2CD2032-I

I am not sure if I am allowed to post it here?