Hikvision upgrade firmware to 5.3.0

pyodic

n3wb
Reaction score
So i have bought 3 ip cams ds-2cd233-i all 3 came with different firmware install but all said 5.3.0_150327 on packaging. My question is i upgrades one to 5.3 no probs and of course in chinese. But no matter what i do i cant downgrade back 5.2.5 (which im assuming the chinese can do). Am i correct to say im stuck with 5.3 in chinese or can they be downgraded? when i try to downgrade via tftp firmware supplied via vendor or off internet the process never says system updated completely unless i use the 5.3. all other firmware i use gives me a bricked cam in sadp with v4.0.8 and no dsp info(takes approx 20 mins to b found) Can i downgrade ????? Thanks for your wisedom guys and gals

golismen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi , i have same problem , seems no possibility to downgrade from 5.3

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to downgrade using tftp as per the link above, on some models it may still show in Chinese.

If this is the case just use the mtd hack for 5.25
Post guides are in the sticky section.

kouroubel

n3wb
Reaction score
Last night I upgraded my Chinese camera bought from here from firmware 5.2.0 build 140721 to 5.3.0 and it bricked.

I have tried TFTP (using @
whoslooking's 5.30 downgrader folder)
to downgrade it to 5.2.5 but it just cannot grab it.

TFTP stays forever in the initialized mode (see uploaded pic).

Any suggestions???

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Last night I upgraded my Chinese camera bought from here from firmware 5.2.0 build 140721 to 5.3.0 and it bricked.

I have tried TFTP (using @
whoslooking's 5.30 downgrader folder)
to downgrade it to 5.2.5 but it just cannot grab it.

TFTP stays forever in the initialized mode (see uploaded pic).

Any suggestions???

Have you tried connecting the ip camera directly to the pc? After that start TFTP.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kouroubel

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, the camera is connected directly to the PC.

I have tried both PoE and direct 12Volt powering...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the camera is connected directly to the PC.
That's likely to be the problem.
Best to wire each to your normal router or switch. When the camera enables/disables/enables the Ethernet interface the PC Ethernet interface may be slow to respond to the changes and miss the camera probing for the tftp server.
Another possible cause of the lack of connection - assuming your first upgrade was via the web GUI - is that your PC firewall is blocking the camera access to the tftp server. Check your Windows firewall, Advanced settings, and make sure that UDP/TCP is allowed for public and private for tftpserve.exe

kouroubel

n3wb
Reaction score
That's likely to be the problem.
Best to wire each to your normal router or switch. When the camera enables/disables/enables the Ethernet interface the PC Ethernet interface may be slow to respond to the changes and miss the camera probing for the tftp server.
Another possible cause of the lack of connection - assuming your first upgrade was via the web GUI - is that your PC firewall is blocking the camera access to the tftp server. Check your Windows firewall, Advanced settings, and make sure that UDP/TCP is allowed for public and private for tftpserve.exe
OK, it finally worked when I tried TFTP from the laptop. For some weird reason the PC was not good enough for the downgrade.

What is the next step?

"System update completed" but SAPD still cannot see the camera...:sad2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deagul

n3wb
Reaction score
So I jumped the gun and updated to 5.3.0 - not sure if I have that firmware. Sorry if this is off topic, but I can still see the camera (using surveillance station) but can't access over http. I get "firmware language mismatch: /home/webLib" .

Now, the firmware is from
ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com that I've used before. The release note states 28 languages are supported.
ftp://ftp.hikvisionusa.com/Hikvision_IP_Camera_Firmware/Raptor_2xxx_Series/IPC_2xx2_Series_IP_Camera_Firmware_v5.3.0_150327/Firmware%20V5.3.0%20Release%20Note.pdf

Thoughts? So it works with client software but I can't access to make config changes. I can't "downgrade" this release but as far as I know I could restore previous firmware usign tftp.
i have the exact same issue....was it resolved for you?