Hikvision upgrade firmware to 5.3.0

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And did it work for you? Camera is bricked after upgrading?
Of course you can post, that firmware might be helpful if works.
Please attach it to try.

Not sure if this helps but I was given this from a chinese vendor to upgrade my "multi language" 5.2.5 DS-2CD2032-I

I am not sure if I am allowed to post it here?

Last edited by a moderator:

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
And did it work for you? Camera is bricked after upgrading?
Of course you can post, that firmware might be helpful if works.
Please attach it to try.
Here it is. I have not tried it though so don't know if it works. Hmmm...every time I try uploading it is corrupted. I changed the name, tried wrapping it in a zip and always end of archive error.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
You could open it in a hex editor (HxD) and see if it matches the known problematic released 3.5.0 instead of flashing it first to find out.

BTW the file is corrupt - unexpected end of archive, also towards the end of downloading it stops @ 96% and has to be resumed but is corrupt.

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm...every time I try uploading it is corrupted. I changed the name, tried wrapping it in a zip and always end of archive error. PM me your email address and I will email it to you.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm...every time I try uploading it is corrupted. I changed the name, tried wrapping it in a zip and always end of archive error. PM me your email address and I will email it to you.
xnaron you'll have have to post your file link as the site won't let me upload anything that can be downloaded intact, sorry.

Ok xnaron's firmware file is different to the one on Hikvision's DL site (Baseline Firmware_IPC_2XX2 series_En_V5.3.0 150327), who wants to flash it :)

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
xnaron's file attached....
update: Chinese only firmware.

I get unexpected end of archive when I try downloading your upload as well....weird. Here is a link...I will leave it up for a week or so.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Kv-TebD_EnT0dlNjRfZmZTN0U/view?usp=sharing

I have not tried it. Just passing it on from the chinese ebay vendor. Someone who knows more about it than I do should confirm if it is ok. So I don't recommend anyone try it till one of the guru's comments on it.

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score

xnaron

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah I removed it, sites not letting any downloads complete for some reason, see my post before yours.

I'll repeat that your firmware is different to the one on HikVisions site.
Thanks. I have not tried it. Just passing it on from the chinese ebay vendor. Someone who knows more about it than I do should confirm if it is ok. So I don't recommend anyone try it till one of the guru's comments on it.

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you tried upgrading? I'll be at home tomorrow so I couldn't try yet.

xnaron you'll have have to post your file link as the site won't let me upload anything that can be downloaded intact, sorry.

Ok xnaron's firmware file is different to the one on Hikvision's DL site (Baseline Firmware_IPC_2XX2 series_En_V5.3.0 150327), who wants to flash it :)

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it is not bricking, that's fine as long as the language flag is english on the cams mtd5 and mtd6. The question is if it bricks the cam like the eu firmware or not. If not, we will win.

I can't wait to see it but unfortunately I am only able to try tomorrow.

No need to try,once downloaded, the language will be Chinese only

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If it is not bricking, that's fine as long as the language flag is english on the cams mtd5 and mtd6. The question is if it bricks the cam like the eu firmware or not. If not, we will win.

I can't wait to see it but unfortunately I am only able to try tomorrow.
read carefully, this firmware only Chinese language interface. English no.

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
read carefully, this firmware only Chinese language interface. English no.
So far as I've experienced every "chinese only" firmware had english language as well. If the cam's lang flag is english in the mtd-s then it will pop into english. But let's see tomorrow when I can test. I hope it will be the same situation in this firmware as before.

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far as I've experienced every "chinese only" firmware had english language as well. If the cam's lang flag is english in the mtd-s then it will pop into english. But let's see tomorrow when I can test. I hope it will be the same situation in this firmware as before.
If you change the flag of the region you will get a message about the mismatch in the web interface
the freebie has ended

AKalm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
By the way, it's not bricked.

Hopefully this can be solved soon.

Update: Avoided the language mismatch message, by doing the lang flag change after the upgrade, but in this case it's bricking like before.

If you change the flag of the region you will get a message about the mismatch in the web interface
the freebie has ended

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post the link via dropbox, I'll flash it as I have a bench test camera, that just never bricks lol

Update: Still failed to update, tried to tftp to 5.2.8 camera all Chinese not hack pure original and failed to update, looks like this firmware is for a build that came with 5.3.0 already installed on it.
Anyone else had any luck?

Hitman

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed this firmware is smaller in size, quite a few end blocks missing, maybe it only flashes relying on an original firmware version which is partially left behind to work with it, as you say it may need a specific firmware to be present before updating.

eregie

n3wb
Reaction score
Please Help.. i bought Hikvision camera DS-2CD2332-I from ebay with ver 5 2.2. was working fine and for reasons i upgraded the firmware to v3-0, now am stock the camera do not work anymore ,
CAN I DOWNGRADE TO PREVIOUS VER 2 OR 2.5 AND HOW THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT