How to view Dahua cameras without browser plugins

1dodosn

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on the advice from someone on this forum I started using Pale Moon. It works great.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just a "you really dont know how bad it could be" post.

I've got an old lantronics serial to ethernet covertor I'm trying to setup for a project.
It uses java for the web interface.
Have you tried to use java recently???

I've had to install a windowsXP VM and use oldversion.com to get an old enough java to make it work so I can do the config.

At least with Dahua it's possible to get a working system on a 2022 OS....

drtweak

n3wb
Reaction score
I use Chrome with the IE Tab plugin OR this program i just found and love it and just need to view the camera and that is it, is ONVIF device manager.

danieln

n3wb
Reaction score
Having acquired a PTZ camera, and running windows 11. I wanted the ability to be able to full screen the camera feed in order to setup my IVS rules. This was only possible in IE with the plug in to my knowledge. I couldn't do this in chrome, firefox or pale moon, or whatever. (If you have a work around, Please let me know)

With windows 11 / Edge/Internet explorer mode, I seemed to be unable to install the webplugin into Edge / Internet explorer mode. Every time I clicked "Install" and went through the process to install it, but it did not work. Log in again, prompted to install plugin again (never ending cycle). Even if i uninstalled it from the start menu. It just didn't work for me.

I ended up going the Virtual machine approach using Oracle VM VirtualBox, and IE11 on Windows 7.

Fortunately, Microsoft provides these developer VM's you can download and use for testing here - Virtual Machines - Microsoft Edge Developer

I selected "IE11 on Win7", and "Virtual box VM" Platform. There are many options here, also virtual hosting options for MAC as well.
Note the comment "These VM's expire after 90 days, recommend running a snapshot before powering them up"

Oh, and once you fire it up. Take note of the IEUser password in the wallpaper image, or you'll be like me googling what the default is, because the screensaver / lock came on.. lol

Hope this is helpful for others

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having acquired a PTZ camera, and running windows 11. I wanted the ability to be able to full screen the camera feed in order to setup my IVS rules. This was only possible in IE with the plug in to my knowledge. I couldn't do this in chrome, firefox or pale moon, or whatever. (If you have a work around, Please let me know)

With windows 11 / Edge/Internet explorer mode, I seemed to be unable to install the webplugin into Edge / Internet explorer mode. Every time I clicked "Install" and went through the process to install it, but it did not work. Log in again, prompted to install plugin again (never ending cycle). Even if i uninstalled it from the start menu. It just didn't work for me.

I ended up going the Virtual machine approach using Oracle VM VirtualBox, and IE11 on Windows 7.

Fortunately, Microsoft provides these developer VM's you can download and use for testing here - Virtual Machines - Microsoft Edge Developer

I selected "IE11 on Win7", and "Virtual box VM" Platform. There are many options here, also virtual hosting options for MAC as well.
Note the comment "These VM's expire after 90 days, recommend running a snapshot before powering them up"

Oh, and once you fire it up. Take note of the IEUser password in the wallpaper image, or you'll be like me googling what the default is, because the screensaver / lock came on.. lol

Hope this is helpful for others
Did you reload the page in IE mode? Have two windows 11 machines and they both work fine with Edge in IE Mode.

danieln

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you reload the page in IE mode? Have two windows 11 machines and they both work fine with Edge in IE Mode.
In IE Mode, it shows please install plug in, so I install webplugin.exe, and reload IE mode again, says i need to install plug in. Endless loop. Got sick of trying to troubleshoot it.
In CHrome / Edge, it works without plugin, but I wanted the ability to full screen the video to do IVS tripwires etc which is only possibly with the webplugin.

apmonte

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been unable to get my 8232 or 5231 cameras to display video in Chrome or Edge on Windows 11. I've installed the Chrome NACL Web Plug-in, but that doesn't change anything. Anyone have thoughts on how to make this work? It looks like I last updated firmware in May 2020. No idea what the current firmware would be.

Also, is this issue addressed in newer Dahua cameras? I've got four new ones incoming.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Find a win 10 computer with Explorer!

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So whats the current solution for being able to login into Dahua cams web UI. I've tried internet explorer, edge in IE mode, chrome, and the NACL plug in and I cannot access my cameras to enable IVS rules. Let me rephrase. I can log IN- but after that everything is so messed up I cant really make any changes.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How is it messed up with Internet Explorer? Are you sure Windows hasn't pulled the switcharoo on you?

If it worked before with Explorer, it will work now.

BigLarge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Aha! I was to quick on the trigger here - there was an issue with the webplugin i was able to fix. Thanks for your reply - carry on :)

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What's the Mac option for logging into your Dahua cam (5231 in this case) and seeing a live view of the video? I can login and change any and all settings, just no video preview via Safari, FireFox or Chrome.

Thanks,

Rob

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the Mac option for logging into your Dahua cam (5231 in this case) and seeing a live view of the video? I can login and change any and all settings, just no video preview via Safari, FireFox or Chrome.

Thanks,

Rob
I use Brave for a browser on my Mac. It seems to work fine on my Dahua cameras and my HikVision cameras, also. If I want to look at all my cameras at once on the Mac (no DVR), I use "ViewCam". I am running BI on a dedicated Win 7 Pro machine.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use Brave for a browser on my Mac. It seems to work fine on my Dahua cameras and my HikVision cameras, also. If I want to look at all my cameras at once on the Mac (no DVR), I use "ViewCam". I am running BI on a dedicated Win 7 Pro machine.
Thanks I’ll give that a try I’ve never heard of brave.

MacFun

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I installed Brave and got the same result as all other browsers, no live view. Yet, when I clicked the install extension button, that produced a different behavior. I was able to install an extension for NACL and for Amcrest... I was not able to log into the cam through these extensions. NACL failed to get pass the UN/PW dialog where the Amcrest extension showed an error message, "The online user amount has reached the threshold!".

So, seemingly no success so far.....

Really, why is it so hard to show the live view......????????????

Leroy60

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like microsoft has begun rolling out edge updates that permanently disable IE as of feb.14th. I can no longer run IE - it now redirects to &#$@&#$ edge.

Fortunately it looks like you can define sites/ip's for IE compatibility mode but they expire after a month (why?). This -seems- to be working, but heads up!

Adios IE...