PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just got my camera and have a couple of questions. I have set to use auto tracking. It works but after tracking something, the camera would point to the sky and then go back trying to track. Second what is the best exposure setting to still have the camera display color videos ?

Thanks
Auto tracking requires alot of tuning to get it to work even half way correctly. Size of object to be tracked, tracking area and even contrast usually need to be fine tuned. Even then, I have had it just stop tracking for no apparent reason. Honestly, you are better off with fixed cameras to cover areas you want to monitor.

Also, anyone successfully updated to the latest 2018 firmware yet ? if so which version ?

Thanks!
This is what my camera is running, and I have no reason to update it. Not a fan of going to the latest and greatest, unless I have a major problem. Even then, something else may get broken.
PTZ.JPG

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello guys,
my weathercam project has become an update with this cam. When I have more time I would write more details, it hasa really good picture quality, although some firmware issues with manual mode are present with the last official update (switch between day auto and night manual causes white picture).
This is still a problem. And by night the focus is not working stable, I use now manual focus, but the focus point seems not to be stored as they should.

You can watch the cam on my YouTube channel live...
Torsten Vogelreuter
IMG_20180817_172434.jpg
We have fixed the pole by now, under windy weather it was too shaky without.

Zor

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua must not spend much time on getting software right. All my cameras and expensive "Ultra" DVR has bugs and no updates to fix. I guess thats the new normal, and I just caught up!
Im not spending this kind of money on another camera until it is right!!

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The webinterface on mine is very flaky so I have a daily reboot in place as otherwise I can't control the camera via something like Tiny Cam in an emergency (I have PTZ disabled via Blue Iris as the wife was accidentally sending it all over the place!)

Looking in the 49225 thread they're having very similar problems with the latest firmware - the 59225 does as well for me (that shares main firmware with this camera but PTZ firmware is different)

Reaction score
The webinterface on mine is very flaky so I have a daily reboot in place as otherwise I can't control the camera via something like Tiny Cam in an emergency (I have PTZ disabled via Blue Iris as the wife was accidentally sending it all over the place!)

Looking in the 49225 thread they're having very similar problems with the latest firmware - the 59225 does as well for me (that shares main firmware with this camera but PTZ firmware is different)
What is your current firmware? Is it the same as what Andy just posted? Thanks.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is your current firmware? Is it the same as what Andy just posted? Thanks.
Hi yes I was running that firmware on the 59225 that Andy posted today from June 2018 and it still has issues - mainly it will just stop responding until the camera is power cycled.

I've actually tried taking the 59225 over to the NTSC firmware to see if it makes any difference (I'm in the UK so have always used the PAL firmwares up to now).

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi yes I was running that firmware on the 59225 that Andy posted today from June 2018 and it still has issues - mainly it will just stop responding until the camera is power cycled.

I've actually tried taking the 59225 over to the NTSC firmware to see if it makes any difference (I'm in the UK so have always used the PAL firmwares up to now).
Have you tried with other power supply high POE ?
When you say " stop responding " you have not PTZ commands available but you can always see the picture of the camera ?

BICK

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
For people who have this model , what do you think about IR power for this model ?

Thanks

BICK

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dahua must not spend much time on getting software right. All my cameras and expensive "Ultra" DVR has bugs and no updates to fix. I guess thats the new normal, and I just caught up!
Im not spending this kind of money on another camera until it is right!!
Based on your other posts, 99 percent of your issues are likely user error.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you tried with other power supply high POE ?
When you say " stop responding " you have not PTZ commands available but you can always see the picture of the camera ?

BICK
Power is being supplied by a Dell Powerconnect 7048 switch - the http interface randomly crashes so as you say PTZ is lost and sometimes the main video feed does too which means it needs a full power cycle at the port - icmp echo still works at that point. Dahua seem to have the same problem on recent firmware for a few cameras so hopefully they'll bottom it out soon and fix the lot.

I did see similar with the supplied power brick - my 59225 crashes even more frequently so not sure it's related to tripwires and movement etc as that has a lot more going off at the front of the house.

As for IR power it's great for my purposes, I'll do a demo video when it's dark tonight but the IR is orders of magnitude stronger than the 5231 looking at a similar area at the back of our house.

I use this camera with timed settings so it looks at a different area during the day than at night and other than the firmware problems it's been great for me.

Zor

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on your other posts, 99 percent of your issues are likely user error.
Now who is assuming. I may not decode the Dahua part numbers, or read a 57 page wiki before I ask for a little help, but I looked in the Dahua referenced manual, and it showed PTZ operation. I dont care for these all in one Dahua manuals, confusing.
As for knowing bugs when I see them, I am an electrical engineer and have written software and manuals. I have designed and integrated large complex systems. I guess I know a bug when I see it, and there are plenty to be found.
I bought an Dahua Ultra DVR a year ago, and the firmware has not been updated since mid-2016. It is missing features I would expect in a high-end product, and it has bugs that have not been fixed. I could go into what they are, and you could enlighten me, respectfully.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Now who is assuming. I may not decode the Dahua part numbers, or read a 57 page wiki before I ask for a little help, but I looked in the Dahua referenced manual, and it showed PTZ operation. I dont care for these all in one Dahua manuals, confusing.
As for knowing bugs when I see them, I am an electrical engineer and have written software and manuals. I have designed and integrated large complex systems. I guess I know a bug when I see it, and there are plenty to be found.
I bought an Dahua Ultra DVR a year ago, and the firmware has not been updated since mid-2016. It is missing features I would expect in a high-end product, and it has bugs that have not been fixed. I could go into what they are, and you could enlighten me, respectfully.
Lol an electrical engineer who does not understand the difference between ptz and varifocal or IP and cvi.. please...what are the bugs in your cameras? You should avoid all stand-alone NVR's..use blue iris.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Purchased one from Andy waiting for it :) I will paint it in black lol ^^

BICK

Zor

n3wb
Reaction score
Lol an electrical engineer who does not understand the difference between ptz and varifocal or IP and cvi.. please...what are the bugs in your cameras? You should avoid all stand-alone NVR's..use blue iris.
Blue IRIS is the first NVR I used. My computers ran hot all the time and could not get the number of cameras I wanted running. It may have improved now. I guess I was not using it right.

I thought a dedicated NVR would handle the load better. Still not sure. Thought they would have dedicated processors/chips, FPGAs......which i have written. Are they no more than a mid-grade processor with NVR software? There, that is a question.

I think you are confusing a little specialized knowledge of security camera jargon with general electrical engineering and system integration.

Reading the posts here, I thought the members and STAFF here were respectful and helpful, not rude.

I guess I have struck a nerve with my frustrations......

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue IRIS is the first NVR I used. My computers ran hot all the time and could not get the number of cameras I wanted running. It may have improved now. I guess I was not using it right.

I thought a dedicated NVR would handle the load better. Still not sure. Thought they would have dedicated processors/chips, FPGAs......which i have written. Are they no more than a mid-grade processor with NVR software? There, that is a question.

I think you are confusing a little specialized knowledge of security camera jargon with general electrical engineering and system integration.

Reading the posts here, I thought the members and STAFF here were respectful and helpful, not rude.

I guess I have struck a nerve with my frustrations......
You were not using it right ..when you post like an arrogant prick the response will be dished out according. It is obvious that you know little about cameras, NVR, and VMS. Start by resdrea the wiki and cliff notes. Then learn about proper hardware and set up for blue iris. The issue here is the user.