PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
Any idea if the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N is a good ptz ? Any review ?

Reaction score
Hi
Any idea if the PTZ1A225U-IRA-N is a good ptz ? Any review ?
Only review I have seen is the one by @GuitarKin (post 53) on page 2 of this thread. I have this on order also, and will post a review once installed and tested. This isn't going to arrive before the end of March, so it will probably be mid-April before I can review it.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've got a busy few weeks lined up - I had a 59225 arrive last week which I'm just waiting on a PFB303W mount before I can mount it for the front of the house and I've just ordered one of these from Andy for the back of my house.

Bring on the new toys :D

DmaxDually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know people posted the price as about the same price as an SD59225,
But what is the actual price for this camera ( PTZ1Z225U-IRA-N) from Andy?

Solar Deity

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

DmaxDually

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I got a price from Andy..$520.00. But waiting till the guys on the forum post the reviews and test results..

Reaction score
DHL delivered this to me, yesterday. It is a little smaller than I thought, which is good. I also ordered the wall mount bracket and noticed this will attach directly to a PFA120. So too be clear, not everything listed on the spec sheet is accurated. The standard corner bracket with a PFA120 works fine. Really happy about this.

Got the camera mounted, and powered it up. This is where I ran into an issue. The V7 MPEGS24 switch does not seem able to handle the power requirement of this camera, even though the power rating on the ethernet port is at the maximum. Connected it next to the old TP-LINK POE+ Switch i had left over, and everything was good again, but not without having to do a factory default on the camera.

Next I noticed the knockout/conduit plug on the mounting bracket was made of Aluminum instead of plastic like on a PFA137. Well, I was not able to remove any of them making the mounting bracket practically useless. In fact, even though I used a penetrating oil on the threads, I still could not get either of the plugs out. Good thing I went with the wall bracket.
20180329_083119[1].jpg

I have to say Dahua's choice in using Aluminum was probably not the best idea. For a plug like this, plastic would have been fine.

The good part is once I got everthing sorted out, the camera picture quality and function make me smile. I like how I can now get an image of the sky if I want. As far as PTZ function, it's really no different than a SD49225/SD59225, with the exception of it being able to see everywhere. As far as noise, it's a little quieter than the SD49225 it replaced.

The above are just first impressions.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
DHL delivered this to me, yesterday. It is a little smaller than I thought, which is good. I also ordered the wall mount bracket and noticed this will attach directly to a PFA120. So too be clear, not everything listed on the spec sheet is accurated. The standard corner bracket with a PFA120 works fine. Really happy about this.

Got the camera mounted, and powered it up. This is where I ran into an issue. The V7 MPEGS24 switch does not seem able to handle the power requirement of this camera, even though the power rating on the ethernet port is at the maximum. Connected it next to the old TP-LINK POE+ Switch i had left over, and everything was good again, but not without having to do a factory default on the camera.

Next I noticed the knockout/conduit plug on the mounting bracket was made of Aluminum instead of plastic like on a PFA137. Well, I was not able to remove any of them making the mounting bracket practically useless. In fact, even though I used a penetrating oil on the threads, I still could not get either of the plugs out. Good thing I went with the wall bracket.
View attachment 28076

I have to say Dahua's choice in using Aluminum was probably not the best idea. For a plug like this, plastic would have been fine.

The good part is once I got everthing sorted out, the camera picture quality and function make me smile. I like how I can now get an image of the sky if I want. As far as PTZ function, it's really no different than a SD49225/SD59225, with the exception of it being able to see everywhere. As far as noise, it's a little quieter than the SD39225 it replaced.

The above are just first impressions.
that is good news, for the plastic is fragile, so dahua never use plastic as the bracket or junction box, they have to consider the parts using for different situation. Looking forward to watching some videos, lol.

Reaction score
that is good news, for the plastic is fragile, so dahua never use plastic as the bracket or junction box, they have to consider the parts using for different situation. Looking forward to watching some videos, lol.
Andy, I meant the conduit plug would be better if it were plastic. You can see the issue with aluminum plugs on an aluminum bracket. They sometimes can seize up.
I agree a plastic mounting bracket would be too weak, especially for a camera like this.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy, I meant the conduit plug would be better if it were plastic. You can see the issue with aluminum plugs on an aluminum bracket. They sometimes can seize up.
I agree a plastic mounting bracket would be too weak, especially for a camera like this.
oh, i see, lol, that one not easy drill.Sorry for misunderstanding.