Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Reaction score
I see lots of posts about downloading firmware from LaView and Hikvision's web page, but I can't find any firmwares on those pages for the video doorbell that is the topic of this thread. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Kope007

n3wb
Reaction score

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
View attachment 27837 It appears my IR stopped working, anyone else have this issue yet? Is there a way to reboot the camera without having to remove the cover and reset it? For what it's worth the image/video quality is just as bad without IR at night.
Some in this thread would love to have their IR not working, so maybe you can sell it for a profit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I doubt Hikvision will have it on their website as they only have branded firmware from what I've seen. For any non-branded Hik OEM doorbells (NSC-DB1, Laview, LTS, etc) you can download the newest available here.

I'm assuming our firmware works with all other Hik OEM doorbells, however upgrade at your own risk!

Reaction score
The first doorbell I got (Nelly's) had really bad IR reflection spots, so I exchanged it for another one and now it is perfect (see attached)! Guess it's just luck of the draw if you are going to get a clear one?

Attachments

Shyam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Connected my one today, looks good. One slight issue while trying to connect it with my NVR. My NVR is only a 4 channel, is there a way to "trick" the NVR so that I can add and extra camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Connected my one today, looks good. One slight issue while trying to connect it with my NVR. My NVR is only a 4 channel, is there a way to "trick" the NVR so that I can add and extra camera?
nope

Reaction score
I was an early adopter, and figured out the RTSP URLs for this thing last year. With all of the firmware updates since then, have these URLs changed? I'm tempted to try the new firmware, but can't really see any overwhelming new features that have been added.

Shyam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So my Hik-Connect app (on IOS) has my NVR and my Door Bell, since I added my door bell to the app, notifications from my NVR have stopped and I only get notifications for my doorbell. Has anyone else noticed this?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was an early adopter, and figured out the RTSP URLs for this thing last year. With all of the firmware updates since then, have these URLs changed? I'm tempted to try the new firmware, but can't really see any overwhelming new features that have been added.
I'm not using the RSTP url to connect w/ BI and it works fine. Interestingly enough, if I toggle the IR light function in BI at night, it forces the cam into color mode, but the IR stays on because I can still see the IR glare.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
View attachment 27837 It appears my IR stopped working, anyone else have this issue yet? Is there a way to reboot the camera without having to remove the cover and reset it? For what it's worth the image/video quality is just as bad without IR at night.
Did you figure it out? It actually looks like you have condensation or something on the lens and the IR is reflecting off of it.

Another alternative to reboot is by flipping the circuit breaker :)

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
So my Hik-Connect app (on IOS) has my NVR and my Door Bell, since I added my door bell to the app, notifications from my NVR have stopped and I only get notifications for my doorbell. Has anyone else noticed this?
Hey @Shyam, I've talked to a handful of other people who are having the same issue. What firmware do you currently have installed on the doorbell?

Shyam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey @Shyam, I've talked to a handful of other people who are having the same issue. What firmware do you currently have installed on the doorbell?
Doorbell is on V1.4.62 build 171218. Since posting my initial post, I disabled alarms from my NVR and re-enabled, and its seems to work sometimes..

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mind if I ask where you grabbed this from?

Since this is from November, I'm assuming this firmware is pre-12 fps? Is there a copy after the 12 fps downgrade?

Ideally, it'd be nice to get copies of the firmware immediately before and after the change (in hopes of doing some reverse engineering). Anyone have other copies of the firmware images?

Edited to add: I found 171201 and 171218 (when 12 fps was introduced). Does anyone have a copy of 171205?
I think this was 171205

Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

btw the 12fps was implemented due to some performance issue (that was never explained in detail) when the door bell is pressed, so if you experience any issue when the doorbell button is pressed, try 171218 and 171219 with the 12fps limit

Last edited:

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with condensation forming on the inside of the clear dome?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone notice the connect app updated today? You can now view your bandwidth/traffic usage in the live photo, includes a small floating window preview, also has a video timeline view where you can scrub back and forth thru recordings on sd, allows you to share a video. So far I like it. :)
Android or iOS? Dont see any update on Android

spaded21

n3wb
Reaction score
Using the LaView app on my Android phone and it constantly logs me out so I don't get any notifications or "calls" when someone rings the bell. That doesn't really matter though since the stupid camera can't stay connected to wifi even though I moved the AP right behind the front door.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Using the LaView app on my Android phone and it constantly logs me out so I don't get any notifications or "calls" when someone rings the bell. That doesn't really matter though since the stupid camera can't stay connected to wifi even though I moved the AP right behind the front door.
Try hik connect