Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone get rid of the loud chime?
I don't have one yet... but I would venture to guess, that you could disassemble, and disconnect one of the leads of the speaker... or worst case... de-solder it from the board.

Openlog

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have one yet... but I would venture to guess, that you could disassemble, and disconnect one of the leads of the speaker... or worst case... de-solder it from the board.

Or try modifying the firmware... I’ll see if I can correctly compile the CramFS file later this week

Ford

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any issues with the LaView working with electronic (wired) doorbell / chime? I currently have a Ring 2 hooked up, and I'm debating between the LaView and RCA. Not really sure which one to go with. As long as I can get it connected to Blue Iris, and have the notifications sent to my phone like the ring then I'm good.
My old house has a mechanical chime and this doorbell rings that just fine. I believe it ships with a resistor in the box that you can use if needed with an electronic chime.

usafltg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

This is the only doorbell that IN MY OPINION is worth buying right now. It works great with cloud free operation (the only gap to date is no one has figured out how to send audio to the speaker in Blue Iris to talk to the person ringing the doorbell yet).
@Ford Do you think this is only a matter of time, or do you think it will never happen?

Reaction score
My DB1 was working great since Feb, then it stopped playing videos or live feed back unless I was on my home network. It still gave notices when the bell was rung or motion sensed. Now it won't even play back when I'm on my home network. I get the error codes 246106 & 260015.
Been running version 180515 since Feb and didn't change a thing I can think of.
Anybody have any ideas?

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
My DB1 was working great since Feb, then it stopped playing videos or live feed back unless I was on my home network. It still gave notices when the bell was rung or motion sensed. Now it won't even play back when I'm on my home network. I get the error codes 246106 & 260015.
Been running version 180515 since Feb and didn't change a thing I can think of.
Anybody have any ideas?
Might need a reset
What does error code 260015 in Hik-Connect mean?

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I'm on the 1.4.62 build 171225 firmware that the Uniden app upgraded me to from the shipped firmware. Both the Hik and the Uniden apps now show "no new version available". My firmware seems to be working OK but I'm wondering if anyone else is running a later firmware (obtained thru the net) and can share any noticeable improvements or settings.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is anyone using laview connect to view? I guess just use laview connect to setup cam and then ditch it for hik doorbell app?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is anyone using laview connect to view? I guess just use laview connect to setup cam and then ditch it for hik doorbell app?
I used the LaView Connect app only for setup and then switched over to Hik-Connect after that. They appear to be the exact same app, just rebranded for LaView. That said, the Hik-Connect app gets updated more quickly and frequently and has a couple newer features.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That was not the problem. The cameras/doorbells can all have the same ports since they have different ip addresses. Blue iris doesnt even use the media port (default 8000)
is this why BI barley pulls 1 FPS while the app on my phone is smooth as butter?

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just received a RCA HSDB1. I'd like to test it before I try to install it. Is there anyway to safely step down AC voltage with home hobby gear so I can give it a try and configure before installing? I've got bread boards and DC power packs everywhere, but my understanding is this needs AC.