[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua definitely do.
my 4MP hikvisions also do, in addition to sub-stream they have 3rd, 4th and custom streams. On mine these all support 1080p. Perhaps the 4K hikvisions can just to 720p
I can't even get 720p in a substream. I have these:

Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I (4k)
Hikvision DS-2CD2045FWD-I (2K)

I only see a Main stream and sub stream in the settings, where can I find a third stream?

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can't even get 720p in a substream. I have these:

Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I (4k)
Hikvision DS-2CD2045FWD-I (2K)

I only see a Main stream and sub stream in the settings, where can I find a third stream?
Both those models support a 720p third stream.
If it's not on the video page, it is typically under
"System > Maintenance > System Service> Software", then check the box labelled "Enable Third Stream". The camera will need to reboot. In BI from memory use 103 instead of 101/102 to access the third stream, but can't recall 100% and I am away.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's correct, unfortunately they only support up to 640x480.
Most Hikvisions will support 720p as a Third Stream (despite substream being a measly 640 × 480.
It is typically under "System > Maintenance > System Service> Software", then check the box labelled "Enable Third Stream". But can vary via model. The camera will need to reboot. In BI from memory use 103 instead of 101/102 to access the third stream.
If you check your cameras specs, it will list a third stream (most do), some Hikvisions even support 5 streams. For this use, you can keep the fps low, but the 3rd stream can go to 25-30fps on most.

OccultMonk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, It will disable H264+ and H265+. It would just work much beter if BlueIris implemented a way to downscale the JPEG captures using the Main stream 4K. Just a simple option to not only set the quality but also the resolution of the JPEG.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks, It will disable H264+ and H265+. It would just work much beter if BlueIris implemented a way to downscale the JPEG captures using the Main stream 4K. Just a simple option to not only set the quality but also the resolution of the JPEG.
Agree. I was never able to get H254+ or H265+ working reliably with H\W decod and BlueIris, so I just use H265. Has H265+ always worked for you? Perhaps I should try it again.

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, so if I ran this in powershell "docker pull deepquestai/deepstack:noavx", I assume that isn't the beta version and therefore I need to input my API code in between the quotation marks on the next line?
I can't remember if I did. You can load deepstack in a web browser once it's running to activate it anyway.

Oh, and also, the "noavx" command, if I'm running an i7-6700, do I still use the noavx command with that as I thought that was for older processors?
That is correct. My test setup was an old xeon that didn't support AVX. If you have a processor with avx you use "deepquestai/deepstack". Also if you have a nvidia gpu you can try "deepquestai/deepstack:gpu"

deepquestai/deepstack:gpu
This runs significantly faster than the CPU Version and requires a system with NVIDIA GPU.

Last edited:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone see a reason why my settings wouldn't be sending alerts? They're definitely flagging in BI:

1596210101247.png

And I can see the snapshots in AITool as identifying people. But I am not getting an email nor a push to my BI app on my phone as I was before 1.67. The Actions On Alert tab is the same as it was before.

1596210150984.png

If I check the Motion Zones box, I do get emails and pushes to the BI App, but it's for every single motion, not just the ones triggered by the AI Tool.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
AI Tool checks 9 points of every object to determine whether it's in a masked area or not. If >= 5 points are not masked, it will alert you.

@GentlePumpkin could you elaborate on the 9 points, please? Are the points single pixels in the corners of an object's box, or are they regions/zones? I'd like to fine-tune my masks so knowing how AI Tool handles these points would be helpful. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 09.47.37 AM@2x.png

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone see a reason why my settings wouldn't be sending alerts? They're definitely flagging in BI:

View attachment 67721

And I can see the snapshots in AITool as identifying people. But I am not getting an email nor a push to my BI app on my phone as I was before 1.67. The Actions On Alert tab is the same as it was before.

View attachment 67722

If I check the Motion Zones box, I do get emails and pushes to the BI App, but it's for every single motion, not just the ones triggered by the AI Tool.
Can you show what URL you are using in AI Tool to trigger BI?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can someone explain how the new 1.67 version with one camera works? I totally understood the master / Slave camera system and have had it working just fine. I am completely foxed by the new functionality and am unable to get it to work. I have AI Tool capturing triggered images and sending the new command line to BI which in turn triggers the camera. The problem I'm having is if I enable Video when triggered, I am recording non events as though AI Tool was not in use. If I disable Video on trigger, then in spite of the camera being triggered and subject recognized, no video is captured.

Clearly I'm missing something!

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you show what URL you are using in AI Tool to trigger BI?
Code:
http://192.168.1.60:911/admin&camera=Backyard&flagalert=1&memo=[summary]&user=XXUser&pw=XXXXX
above!

And get this:

signal=green
profile=1
lock=0
clip=3717610285
camera=Backyard

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
Code:
http://192.168.1.60:911/admin&camera=Backyard&flagalert=1&memo=[summary]&user=XXUser&pw=XXXXX
above!

And get this:

signal=green
profile=1
lock=0
clip=3717610285
camera=Backyard
It might be because you don't have "Motion zones" checked. I would have to test to verify that but it would have worked before because it was being triggered externally using the url (Extern is checked in your picture).

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nope, just figured it out and maybe @GentlePumpkin can add it so that those with fewer braincells like myself can figure it out...lol

Need to add this to the URL in AITools over and above the URL I inserted above.

Or maybe I can just add "&Trigger" to the "Backyard&flagalert" command.
Try this:

Reactions: pbc

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Awesome, even cleaner.

Thankfully getting rid of the AIClone cams has given me a 15-20% boost in CPU performance to boot.

Now back to figuring out how the heck to get Deepstack running in Docker.

I assume the AITool for Docker hasn't yet been updated to be able to do what 1.67 does so if I can get Deepstack working in Docker I should keep using the AITool for windows?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That is correct. My test setup was an old xeon that didn't support AVX. If you have a processor with avx you use "deepquestai/deepstack". Also if you have a nvidia gpu you can try "deepquestai/deepstack:gpu"
I do have an NVidia GPU. Is there a way to install it using Docker? I.e., when I read the Deepstack info, it implies I need Ubuntu or some Linux version anyhow to install the Nvidia driver?

Or since I'm using Docker for Windows, would it just use the windows installed driver and I don't need that step?

I.e., with my current installation, "sudo" is not a recognized command, I assume that's a Linux command?

Last edited:

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have an NVidia GPU. Is there a way to install it using Docker? I.e., when I read the Deepstack info, it implies I need Ubuntu or some Linux version anyhow to install the Nvidia driver?

Or since I'm using Docker for Windows, would it just use the windows installed driver and I don't need that step?

I.e., with my current installation, "sudo" is not a recognized command, I assume that's a Linux command?
You can install multiple versions of deepstack to test while only running one container at a time (or two if you wish).

Installs normal version with AVX and uses the CPU
docker pull deepquestai/deepstack

Installs gpu version
docker pull deepquestai/deepstack:gpu

Now you can select which one you want

Setups and starts the container. Select the one you wish to use:
CPU version
docker run --restart=always -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 81:5000 --name deepstack deepquestai/deepstack

GPU version
docker run --restart=always -e VISION-DETECTION=True -v localstorage:/datastore -p 81:5000 --name deepstack deepquestai/deepstack:gpu

They run on port 81.

You can try installing the gpu version, see if it works in windows then see if the performance is better. I don't think you have to worry about nvidia drivers since you are under windows but I don't have an nvidia card in my BI machine to test.

Once you figure out which one works best you can remove the extra deepstack image by:

docker image ls

REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE IDCREATED SIZE
deepquestai/deepstackcpu-x3-beta37b0a6595a68 3 weeks ago2.49GB
That will list all the installed images. If you wish to remove one you can use:

docker image rm <IMAGE ID>

Last edited: