Annke Firmware to Hikvision Firmware: HOW TO

Reaction score
Maybe try the Batch Configuration Tool to see if it will apply the firmware :
Thanks for the reply @alastairstevenson

I tryedthe Batch Configuration Tool by Hikvision but it doesn't work.
Maybe I found the turnaround... I sopurced the "config.asp" page and saw that the code about the upgrade was hide... then i changed the css code in "binding" (showed) and so the field and the button is turned on magically.

Do you think is the proper way? It's safe try to update or I risk to damage something?

annke_02.jpg
annke_03.jpg

Reaction score
Maybe try the Batch Configuration Tool to see if it will apply the firmware :
Sorry mate, you're totally right. I've miss something trying to upgrade via Batch Configuration Tool... I retry and yep, update successfully (IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.6.6_210625)!

Reaction score
CHANGING FIRMWARE WILL NOT ADD NEW FEATRUES.. these are coded separately from the firmware. If you don't already have smart events it will not add them.---
It may fix or enhance existing functions or even stability issues.
I think the above answers my question, but I am going to ask anyways and ask for forgiveness of anyone this irritates.

I have the C800 (I91BM) which works reasonably well except for one glaringly obvious implementation/software flaw. It only supports a "fixed" exposure time (set in the Image -> Exposure Settings configuration page). For night time use 1/30th works pretty well given the cost of the camera. In the daytime though it would be much better to use a higher value such as 1/2000 so that you can capture greater clarity (read license plates to be specific). I know about the discussion related to license plates and get the whole angle and dedication of a camera for it. That simply is not my use case. A better exposure time though does give me what I need for at least in daylight hours.

The stupid question: Would the firmware upgrade allow a dynamic exposure time based on light levels?

Alternatively, I would love that the "Day / Night Switch" actually handled a change to the exposure time values. I honestly have no idea why this option is in the configuration because I cannot find any value other than for the "supplement" light settings. This would be the obvious spot to put the exposure time but sadly that is not the case.

Reaction score
I bit the bullet and installed the Hikvision firmware for a couple of my C800's (will likely do the rest this week coming). Has there been any improvement in the camera performance, that is still in assessment. There were a few things that I did note as changing, and lot of things that did not change. What was interesting for me is that the logo of Annke did not go away and get replaced by Hikvision on the web page. Aside from the following, there were no other changes to the camera configuration.

First of note is that there is now an option for "Hikvision-CGI" under integrations, which was not present in the Annke firmware.
1671308672541.png

For video there is now an option of SVC (off, on, auto).
1671308760628.png

Then there was a surprise in what went away. On the Annke firmware the Motion Detection page has “Target Detection” values. I don't use the camera to do this so it doesn't mean anything to me, but others might find this problematic. The fact that Hikvision does not include it might also be telling of something. The following is the Annke screen from a camera that has not been switched.
Pasted Graphic 7.png

Here is an image for the same screen from a camera that has been converted.
1671309165267.png

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello guys, some information I'm waiting for an annke c800 2.8 mm camera if I change the firmware and put the hikvision one, can I keep the cam updated with the next updates?

Reaction score
hello guys, some information I'm waiting for an annke c800 2.8 mm camera if I change the firmware and put the hikvision one, can I keep the cam updated with the next updates?
There should be no issues. If anything, you can use the Hikvision site to get the new updates. I have not found a reason to do updates that often so I just schedule a regular review of the cameras and any updates needed.

ste92

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There should be no issues. If anything, you can use the Hikvision site to get the new updates. I have not found a reason to do updates that often so I just schedule a regular review of the cameras and any updates needed.
thank you!
if I load the hikvision firmware, do I lose the face and vehicle detection functions? or do they stay even with the new hikvision firmware?

Reaction score
if I load the hikvision firmware, do I lose the face and vehicle detection functions? or do they stay even with the new hikvision firmware?
Based on the images I took it would appear that the firmware in the camera does not then support the function anymore. I cannot confirm the functionality though as I do not use the camera's software to do human and vehicle detection. I use the NVR type software such as Blue Iris or in my case SecuritySpy (I have a Mac house and Blue Iris is a Windows based solution). I suspect that most people use the more powerful and up to date software solutions such as these instead of what I would think to be the limited computing capabilities of the camera.

Reaction score
Anyone noticed the webpage getting super slow in the last few updates? Not sure when it started happening, but trying to pull up the Maintenance page to update it right now and it's taking a solid 30 seconds to load.

motofox

n3wb
Reaction score
yes i notice the camera and page is very slow, also mine c800 wont display the highest 4k resolution.

has anyone got human detection to work on this camera ???

OfficerD00fy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It works (flashed a C800 and now I use it with hikconnect on my smartphone)
sorry I meant hik-connect,com where you can register the device on the website and access via the app remotely.
Hik-connect.com will still connect to C800 I am pretty sure locally but wonder if it'll register...

Reaction score
Anyone know what Hikvision model an ANNKE C500 I51DM is? The firmware property is C-R-E8-0. I had originally flashed from the ANNKE firmware to Hikvision IPCE_R_E8_EN_STD_5.5.800_210628. This decreased the max resolution from 2592 X 1944 to 2560x1440 and eliminated human detection as described in previous posts.

I decided to flash back to ANNKE firmware I51DL/I51DM/I51DN(Ver.2)-Firmware V5.5.120_210705 and now there is a new max resolution is 3072x1728. Interesting that flashing the firmware back would change the max resolution to above what ANNKE has in their specifications.

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've two Annke I91BL (C800 with Audio Input).
One of them is been updated with a Hikvision firmware.
The Original firmware was V5.7.1 build 220316 (C-R-G5-0) now is V5.7.3 build 211222 (B-R-G5-0).
The Hikvision firmware I put is the "IPC_G5_EN_STD_5.7.3_211222" (I dunno the difference with "IPC_G5_EN_NEU_5.7.3_211222"... I think STD means Standard)... anyway the updated is been correct using "Bach Configuration Tool".

As reported by @schneideris, the human/vehicle targeting is gone (but isn't important to me, using BlueIris). I don't know the difference between these firmware, I only saw that the original is C-R and the Hikvision is B-R... so, what C or B stands for? What does it means?
Is there a way to rollback to the original firmaware, saving it from the other cam (that I haven't touched yet)? Because with the original firmware (Annke Vision platform) I am able to show the cam via Hik-Connect app, but I can't show the firmware updated cam. So weird.

db0511

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received a new C500 with more recent firmware than the one available from Annke. I emailed support and requested a download link so I can update my existing cameras
V5.5.120 build 220721

awsswa59

n3wb
Reaction score
what version is compatible with this model I61DS
or a link to the original firmware older 5.4.0
on the original site I see only for I61FB / I61FC

Firmware VersionV5.3.0 build 161021