Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

TahoeJeff

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have read over responses for several pages. I applaud the programming guy for finding a fix! I will make a donation for this excellent software.
The weather overlay on my BI cameras used to display C and F temps. Now only displays F. Is there something I need to adjust?

KDL1962

n3wb
Reaction score
Have read over responses for several pages. I applaud the programming guy for finding a fix! I will make a donation for this excellent software.
The weather overlay on my BI cameras used to display C and F temps. Now only displays F. Is there something I need to adjust?
I mentioned that earlier - see here.

Need to create an ADD-ON.

AMP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I mentioned that earlier - see here.

Need to create an ADD-ON.
You can set it metric and it will be in Celsius, but it will also change wind to km/h.

Your desire to mix metric temperature with imperial wind speed is what is necessitating an add-on. if @TohoeJeff doesn't need to mix, he doesn't need an add-on.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Just taken the plunge from BI4 to V5 and installed the BI tool without a hitch, all set up and looking cool. I will take this time to thank Mike for his time & hard work to bring us forum members useful tools like this.

Thanks Mike.

Tomtreas

n3wb
Reaction score
Mike,

Do you have any ETA on when my 2nd location is going to be able to display something other than -999.9 degrees? I don't have a lot of mulitple locations, but I do have one and would very much like to get that corrected post haste.

Thanks!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Mike,

Do you have any ETA on when my 2nd location is going to be able to display something other than -999.9 degrees? I don't have a lot of mulitple locations, but I do have one and would very much like to get that corrected post haste.

Thanks!
Hoping within the next few weeks!

Kevin Chen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, all,

I am new to this tool. However, I can only access the Weather overlay tab, not the other 3 tabs (watchdog, web server files, options). System is Windows server 2008R2 vm on ESXi6.7. Also tried Windows server 2016 vm, same problem.

I am not even sure if the tool is working or not, since I am using direct-to-disc recording, I don't expect the weather info will be imprinted on the video. I wanted to use this tool for other features, however, not sure if it is working at all. It seems to be reading weather info from WU, that is about all I can tell.

Edit: It is working now. I decided to move my BI to the newer win server 2016 vm, and while this tool still did not allow me to enter the other 3 tabs, I minimized it and decide to wait for answer here. But later when I un-minimize the application to check again, it is working. I can enter all tabs. The watchdog is working since it does (re)start the BI once I enabled it. But occasionally, when I check this tool again, it sometimes still lock me out of the other 3 tab. So there is still a bug somewhere.

Last edited:

ECourts

n3wb
Reaction score
Since the last update I'm struggling to keep persistent metric values in my weather results. Whenever the overlay starts up is seems to be imperial. I can set it to metric in the UI and all is fine, but then at a later time it's back to imperial again. How can I force the metric setting to stay metric on both a long term basis and between re-starts/reboots? (as was the case before the update to 1.6!)

ECourts

n3wb
Reaction score
Since the last update I'm struggling to keep persistent metric values in my weather results. Whenever the overlay starts up is seems to be imperial. I can set it to metric in the UI and all is fine, but then at a later time it's back to imperial again. How can I force the metric setting to stay metric on both a long term basis and between re-starts/reboots? (as was the case before the update to 1.6!)
I've also found the "Unit" parameter in the settings.ini file. It's always set to 1. If I manually change it to 0 and start the app, then it still starts in imperial and when closed the "Units" value is back to 1.

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
I have updated to version 1.6.0 (automatically) and I am still getting in red at the bottom of the app "Error connecting to Wunderground, check your internet connection / station ID." I have tried several different local station ID's (Edit: Not airports) as well as some random ones not local to me with the same result. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
I wish it was that simple. I have tried multiple different stations, some in other states with the same result.

AMP

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I wish it was that simple. I have tried multiple different stations, some in other states with the same result.
I had some issues too with connecting, even after the Wunderground issues cleared up a couple of weeks ago. I unistalled Blue Iris Tools, made sure all the data files were deleted, and reinstalled the latest version. Now I am not having issues. So you may want to try that if you've tried everything else. I had logging enabled, and I think the logs were showing some "mismatch" errors repeatedly.

Reactions: Dc4

Dc4

n3wb
Reaction score
Try KOHNEWCO12

No luck. I didn't have my logs enabled. I just now did, then tried a few more weather updates. It just simply says weather update error in the logs. I will keep an eye on that though and see what else I find in there. This weekend I will try the uninstall/reinstall that AMP suggests.

Thanks guys.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
As of WU's last post on their FB page 6 hours ago, while they THOUGHT they had the problem fixed, replies to their post shows that people are still having problems that needs fixing on WU's end...