Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Best way is to take a multimeter to measure the voltages. Probably your lock requires another voltage than the one provided by the VTO. Check the documentation of your lock.

Good luck!
CC

mika4real

n3wb
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of any wifi-VTHs, so I gloogled a bit around, and found a manual of one of these "wifi"VTH: https://shopdelta.eu/pdf/vth_7inch_ip_v1.0.1__i_en.pdf

From that doc, I deduct:
1) you still need 12vDC to operate
or
2) you still need POE to operate

If you do the latter, why would you even bother using the wifi, as 99,9999% of your installed cams are on hard-wire.

Hence my advice to pick any VTH that "looks" good (VTHs tend to be WAF), and off you go.

Good luck!
CC
So I went for the VTH5221DW not because of the WiFi, but because it can be powered by regular POE. With no power supply in the box I also managed to power it over a bare Poe injector with no ethernet connected for testing purpose and use WiFi for network connection.

TeoTeoTeo

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "riogrande75, post: 284979, membro: 42827"] Hai PM! [/ QUOTE]
ciao Kemar, ho un problema serio. Non riesco a caricare l'aggiornamento sip 2.0 sul mio vto3211d. raggiunge il 50% e l'aggiornamento non riesce. Mi hanno consigliato di aggiornarlo tramite la porta seriale. Ho visto che hai usato il seriale per l'aggiornamento. Ho bisogno dello schema di connessione e devo sapere se devo spostare l'interruttore seriale 232 a 3,4 volt o 5 volt.

I hope for your quick reply

TeoTeoTeo

n3wb
Reaction score
@Knucklejoint, it's working for me but i don' have a VTH.
View attachment 31532

Some news of the UART. The pins are NOT those located under the Ethernet and "control" connectors. The UART connector is on at the left of the main chip. I decided to solder on the other side, it's easier.
View attachment 31533

The PIN order is from up to bottom : RX, TX, GND, VCC
View attachment 31534

Then you'll be able to see the boot, and interrupt it by pressing a key ( * is often used). Remember to keep it pressed BEFORE and WHILE connecting power.
View attachment 31535

Now that i'm in, i need to find something to do with it :p

Ha ha ! Funny thing ! It's a VTO3211D-P2

Code:
> printenv
HWID=VTO3221D

hi Kemar, I have a serious problem. I can't load the sip 2.0 update on my vto3211d. 50% happens and it works fails. They advised me to update it via the serial port. I saw that you used the serial to assist. I need the connection diagram and I need to know if I have to select the 232 serial option at 3.4 volts or 5 volts.

I hope for your quick reply

TeoTeoTeo

n3wb
Reaction score

Silvestro

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I need to ask some questions, with the occasion I present my experience with the installation of a video intercom Dhaua to be precise a VTO3211 4 buttons and a VTH5221DW 7 “internal WIFI.
It took me 4 days to configure them, since I bought them from two different stores (error not to be repeated), the devices had different firmware, the problem is that I got it late:
VTH5221DW (version: V3.200.0000000.1.R)
VTO3211D-P4 (version: V4.300.0000005.0.R)
I updated the VTH via PC with the VDPconfig tool and updated to V4.300.0000000.4.R.
Before this problem, I had difficulty resetting the VTO because I didn't recognize the password, but then I discovered that in addition to the anti-tamper button to reset, there is a small button inside, it should be kept pressed for more than 20 seconds ...
Now the connection works all right.

Here are the questions for those who can help me:
- Why does the IDMSS Lite app with Android phone and tablet work well, while with Iphone it does not do call alert notifications?
- Inside the VTO3211 I inserted a 16 Gb Microsd, in the webservice 2.0 I see the memory capacity, but I don't see the contents, to download the files I have to extract the SD, and every time I can't remove the cover ... How can I see files directly with the computer?

Thanks for your attention
See you soon
Silvestro.

gonzzo

n3wb
Reaction score
since I can't load the firmware with dahua toolbox I would like to know the procedure to load the firmware through the serial port.
Hi,

I have the same proBlum, I haven’t been able ti install the SIP version (4.3) despite following theses instructions. you may try them instead you’re still stuck with ver 1.0

johz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same proBlum, I haven’t been able ti install the SIP version (4.3) despite following theses instructions. you may try them instead you’re still stuck with ver 1.0

My VTO3211d also kept stalling at 50%, and the suggestions in your quote above also did not work for me, and then the suggestion is serial.

But why use serial (taking the VTO off the wall, fiddling with wires to the RS232 connector, etc.) if there is a much easier way: Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP

If you do, then don't be like me: opening some ports on the windows firewall and staring at a blank console in frustration. Once I disabled the firewall completely I flashed the new sip firmware to my VTO3211d in less than two minutes.

John

R.Liviu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm asking a quite basic question, sorry for it not being quite in thread with the issues currently discussed, but it's still about the VTO3211:
- does anybody know if I can connect it on the home IP CCTV LAN an record permanently the camera video on the Dahua NVR? So I want to use it primarily as an IP camera and secondarily, if possible, as an doorphone using the SmartPSS s/w.
Thanks for any help!
Liviu

gonzzo

n3wb
Reaction score
My VTO3211d also kept stalling at 50%, and the suggestions in your quote above also did not work for me, and then the suggestion is serial.

But why use serial (taking the VTO off the wall, fiddling with wires to the RS232 connector, etc.) if there is a much easier way: Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP

If you do, then don't be like me: opening some ports on the windows firewall and staring at a blank console in frustration. Once I disabled the firewall completely I flashed the new sip firmware to my VTO3211d in less than two minutes.

John
Hi John,

Thanks for the hint. I thought about dismounting the device but haven’t done yet. I will try with the TFTP to upgrade.

ozvadim

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "int, post: 255728, member: 50067"]
Всем привет,

В настоящее время я смотрю на VTO3211D-P2 в качестве IP-интеркома для дома из двух единиц.
Это компактная домофонная / дверная станция для двух устройств - работающая по IP (или, если быть более точным, POE).
Он имеет 2-мегапиксельную камеру с 140-градусным охватом. и т.п.

VTO3211D-P2
IP 2-кнопочная вилла наружной станции

- HD CMOS камера (2 млн. Записей в настоящее время застрял на 720P)
- Алюминиевая панель, IP65, IK08
- ICR Ночное видение и голосовая индикация
- Видео и аудио сообщения
- Удаленный домофон с мобильным приложением
- Поверхностный монтаж
- скрытый слот SD - в настоящее время не используется
- работает на SoC Hi3516 ?? (ARM A9 с ядром процессора сигналов апикального изображения )
[ATTACH = полный] 28762 [/ ATTACH]

До 4 четыре кнопки запланированы, но не выставлены?

..но теперь есть:

только что видел это на сайте Дахуа:
[ATTACH = полный] 30277 [/ ATTACH]

VTO3211D-P одиночная кнопка -> (новая)
VTO3211D-P2 две кнопки выставлены -> та, которую мы знаем
VTO3211D-P4 четыре кнопки выставлены -> (новый)

К сожалению, информации об этом устройстве немного, кроме технических данных.
Я только споткнулся об информативном посте Стеффа здесь на форуме.

Я заинтересован в обзорах, опыте с этими девайсами и за и против.
А также хорошие источники для обновления прошивки. языковая поддержка и т. д.
Где купить, источники ... и т. Д.

Спасибо, что поделился!
INT

Прошивка:

Последние международные (английские) прошивки:
1.200.0000.0. релиз 2017-06-30 подтверждается Steff в этой теме

Некоторые прошивки Dahua для видеодомофона можно найти здесь .
Но пока никаких признаков прошивки для VTO3211D-P2 - который, похоже, НЕ совместим с прошивками VTO2000A, не найдено.

[ATTACH = полный] 29593 [/ ATTACH]

Переключатель вторжения / саботажа - который вызывает шум тревоги из динамика ... вроде.

Немного видео на VTH3211D-P2
[MEDIA = YouTube] 3knfDEQhTEQ [/ MEDIA]

Чтобы понять - как может быть установка ...
[MEDIA = YouTube] oGNlVaJs7Ws [/ MEDIA]
[/ QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For non-RU forum members:
"THE WORLD," post: 255728, member: 50067"
Hello world

I am currently looking at The VTO3211D-P2 as an IP intercom for a two-unit home.
It's a compact intercom/door station for two devices - running on IP (or, to be more precise, POE).
It has a 2-megapixel camera with 140-degree coverage. etc.

VTO3211D-P2
IP 2-kpoch outdoor station villa

- HD CMOS camera (2 million records currently stuck at 720P)
- Aluminum panel, IP65, IK08
- ICR Night Vision and Voice Display
- Video and audio messages
- Remote intercom with mobile app
- Surface editing
- Hidden SD slot - currently not used
- works on SoC Hi3516 ?? (ARM A9 with a core of aporal image signals)
"ATTACH" 28762 (/ ATTACH)

Up to 4 four buttons are planned but not on display?

.. But now there is:

just saw it on Dahua's website:
"ATTACH" 30277 (/ ATTACH)

VTO3211D-P single button -z (new)
VTO3211D-P2 two buttons are on display - the one we know
VTO3211D-P4 four buttons on display -- (new)

Unfortunately, there is little information about this device other than technical data.
I just stumbled upon Steff's informative post here on the forum.

I'm interested in reviews, experiences with these devices and for and against.
As well as good sources for firmware updates. language support, etc.
Where to buy, sources ... etc.

Thanks for sharing!
Int

Firmware:

Latest international (English) firmware:
1.200.0000.0. release 2017-06-30 confirmed by Steff in this topic

Some Dahua firmware for a video intercom can be found here.
But so far no sign of firmware for VTO3211D-P2 - which does NOT seem to be compatible with The Firmware VTO2000A- has been found.

"ATTACH" 29593 (/ ATTACH)

Invasion/sabotage switch - which causes alarm noise from the speaker... Kind of.

A little video on VTH3211D-P2
3knfDE'hTE( 3knfDE

To understand - how can be the installation ...
oGNlVaJs7Ws /MEDIA
(/ quote)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

ozvadim

n3wb
Reaction score
Невозможно обновить встроенное ПО на VTO 3211D-P2 с помощью программного обеспечения, UART не может подключиться.
Кто еще может сказать путь?
Скажите порт UART на плате? Правильно?

Attachments

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pls. keep it english here!
I expect the pins you referring are for RS485 extensions, even there might be non für the VTO3211D.
Check the pins I marked purple. The UART pins are usually on the SoC Board, so it's quite sure on the upper board.

Attachments

ozvadim

n3wb
Reaction score
Разъем RS485 находится на соединительной петле, широкий разъем

ozvadim

n3wb
Reaction score
[QUOTE = "ozvadim, post: 402351, member: 89193"]
Разъем RS485 находится на соединительной петле, широкий разъем
[/ QUOTE]

Attachments