Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
YES devices and even cameras are visible in the same network
Anything wrong with that?

INT

ozvadim

n3wb
Reaction score
Recorder understands 2 local networks, behind it is a smart sweater, which will divide everything into villans, routing between villans makes the router microtik through it goes access to the intert

ozvadim

n3wb
Reaction score
Recorder understands 2 local networks, behind it is a smart sweater, which will divide everything into villans, routing between villans makes the router microtik through it goes access to the intert
The second network is necessary, so that the camera does not get both the first network and from the Internet, as in the first network live devices responsible for temperature control in the house.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. I am still a little bit lost here.
Maybe someone else can give hand here?

Thanks,
INT

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all !

I'm looking for a VTH to work with my VTO3211D-P2. The VTH1550 was interesting, but not 802.3af compatible (PoE). So i've checked the VTH5221D, but the VTO3211 isn't in compatibility list.

Does anyone know if it can work?

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Kemar,

as far as I understand - that combination in general should work.
But not all firmware combinations might be compatible w/ each other.

Where did you find the compatibility list?

Thanks,
INT

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm working (playing) with Dahua devices for a long time. I never had a VTO32xx in my hands so far, but I'm convinced that all dahua VTO/VTH devices "work together".
There is off course a difference when you use SIP and non-SIP firmware, but if you upgrade every device to a V4 SIP firmware everything will work, no matter what generation it is.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using the last "2019-03-06 V4.300.0000004.0.R" firmware on the VTO (Web service 2.0).
As riogrande75 did say... with V4 firmware (SIP2.0) on both devices you should be set to go...at least that is the promise.
And it seems that Dahua takes the same route with only supporting SIP2.0 firmware in the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
INT

BTW Your link does not work here.

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks for this info ! I'll order and post results.

Strange, the link is working on my computer...
2020-01-06 13_45_53-index.php.png

Two other strange things :

1: since the upgrade from old firmware to V4.3, i no longer have video stream (RTSP), only audio. On gDMSS app, the video is Ok. I'm still searching.

2: Also since upgrade, i no longer can "unlock" with the app. It say : "Unlock failed". Very annoying.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Kemar,

so you do have both parts to your disposal already - the VTO and VTH !?
Sorry - to hear your issues here - that sounds more than irritating.

Keep us posted!
INT

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
For now i only have a the VTO3211D. I just update it from firmware 1.something to 4.3, because i was experiencing some issues with calls on the gDMSS app.

But after checking the prices of VTH, i think i'll buy one. It looks realy more "WAF".

I also have a Motion server with MotionEye UI. It was recording the VTO stream without problem. Not anymore with 4.3.

Edit: And happy new year ! Now my admin account is "blacklisted". :banghead:

Last edited:

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can't believe that RTSP should not work with newer firmware. Ok, maybe the url has changed slightly, but it will for sure work.
Use VLC and check this rtsp:/admin : password@192.168.x.x:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
@riogrande75 : Thanks for your help !

Long story short :
  1. Unscrew from the wall (rain, cold, pyjamas).
  2. Open and remove spiders, or maybe it was Spiderman himself (so big).
  3. Plug it in my desktop... let's the alarm scream, just after my daughter felt asleep.
  4. Reset with button.
  5. Configure.
  6. Can't add users in "Room config". --> Re-install V4.300.0000000.4.R
  7. Re-Configure.
What i don't understand is :

Before the update, i was able to configure accounts. One was named "rtsp", and only used for that. I don't like to use the admin account for everything. But looks like since update 4.3, i can't create new accounts ?
So my RTSP stream was OK, but user/pass wasn't anymore.

Same problem with user management for the gDMSS app ! I can't create users. So i have to connect the phones with "admin". Is it normal ?
Exemple, on this page, i clic on "Add" but nothing happends.
2020-01-06 22_55_31-WEB SERVICE#_Local - Internet Explorer.png

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
1st of all, clear browser cache.
Then change the device type in Local Settings->Basic.
Then you should be able to add your own "phone" users.
See also this manual.

Last edited:

Kemar

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for you help again. I can't vchange the "Device type", there is only one choise : Villa Station.

But i've flashed again with "V3.2", then back to V4.3 with a reset to factory default. Now i can click "Add" on "Room No. Management" and it looks OK !!

Sometimes i realy don't understand the behavior of this device. Maybe i don't do thing the right way... but hey ! It works !

Now time for configuration, and i'll post updates once i receive the VTH5221D.

Reactions: int