Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

ozvadim

n3wb
Reaction score
Connector RS485 is on the connector loop, wide connector

gonzzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been able to successfully install a VTO3211D-P with the monitor VTH5221D.

I first had to upgrade the firmware of the VTO since it was shipped with an old version V1.0 and since the monitor had the version V3.200.0000000.1.R I decided to install in the VTO the version V3.200.001201.0.R

One of the features that made me decide for this device was the integrated Mifare card reader. It is simple to set up and works quite well to open the door using cheap Mifare keyfobs.

I've also been able to set up a couple of mobile devices (android and iOS) with gMDSS mobile app and works fine, although I don't like that the app does not get notified after receiving a call that someone has responded the call from another device so you may end up responding the call from the monitor but still keep listening to the ring on the mobile device and fail when trying to respond. I don't like too much thought to let Dahua cloud services access my LAN for having the mobile device respond to calls when we're not close from the monitor.

I thought about upgrading the VTO to the SIP 2.0 version, but although I used VDPConfig app I run into the same problem as described here:
20.How to solve VTO 'fail to upgrade

and haven’t tried yet other options like the tftp mechanisms covered in this port.

I contacted the local Dahua distributor but they discourage me to upgrade the firmware to SIP as there is no way back. However, he clarified me that I need to install an additional package to upgrade the MCU firmware as well.

What I would appreciate if someone could clarify me:
- If I upgrade the VTO/VTH to SIP., I can use a softphone app and receive the calls without the need to rely on the Dahua cloud server (P2P) to receive the calls if the app is connected to the VTO SIP server (or if a install any other server like asterisk)
- If with the SIP software, the softphone will be made aware if another device has answered the call and therefore will stop ringing.

Do you see any additional advantage to move to the SIP software? I like to be up to date on the firmware (for security reasons, to fix bugs and also because a lot of the documentation covers the configuration with this new version ) but I don’t know if moving to SIP will be more a risk than an advantage.

Thanks,
Javier

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hola Javier,
With the tftp option you should be able to go back with the firmware, if you don’t like it. I already updated mine to the first sip firmware before and went back.
Actually I’m on the SIP 2.0 and I’m fine with it. I only could upgrade it with tftp, other ways didn’t work out.
For now I didn’t try any further with external sip servers or softphones. I’m planning to integrate it with the sip server in my Fritz!Box to see if it works now with the sip 2.0. With the first sip firmware I didn’t have success.
Cheers, Dennis

gonzzo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hola Dennis,

Thanks for your feedback.

When you mean that you first tried with the first SIP software and then went back, do you mean that you were able to fallback and install later the previous no SIP version (ie. 3.2)? Because the reseller warned me that it is not possible to revert the SIP installation.

Also, which files did you upload for the SIP upgrade? The reseller referred to update first with some files to prepare the SIP installation
VTOPSIP1.png
and then install the two SIP files for the 4.3 version.
VTOSIP2.png

I'm still chasing the reseller to get the files as they only send me a screen capture of the files but not the links and I'm not able to find them in the official Dahua server:
Have you been able to find the language file with German? because I see is the same that includes also Spanish.

Cheers,
Javier

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

am I correct that so far the SIP 2.0 firmware proved quite stable and reasonable w/ the VTO_3221D-P2 !?
But u need the right VTH hooked up?

Thanks,
INT

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
SIP2.0 FW's will obvioulsy be the way, dahua will follow in the future. So sooner or later you will have to get it if you want to run the devices with all features and without bugs.
Dunno about VTO3221D, but VTO2000A runs very stable with latest V4.3 firmware.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @riogrande75 ,

thanks for the fast reply. I think the same way - I read somewhere that Dahua will stop supporting anything prior the SIP 2.0 firmware. So I guess you are right about this.
But is there anybody - who has tried this w/ a VTO3221D yet and is willing to share the experience here w/ us?

Thanks,
INT

PS. What is the easiest way to find out what version the VTO/VTH is running?

ozvadim

n3wb
Reaction score
Many devices updated well on top of the + Rustifier, The problem with the VTO3221D from the firmware 1.0 rose to the Czech 3.20 then poured 4.30 + Rustifier