Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am currently looking into VTO3211D-P2 as the IP intercom for a two unit home.
(Note: Newer generation: Recommended Replacement: VTO3211D-P-S2/P2-S2/P4-S2 but on the first look not much different really)
It is a compact intercom / door station for two units - runing over IP (or to be more corect POE).
It features 2 mio camera with 140 degress coverage. etc.

VTO3211D-P2
IP 2-button Villa Outdoor Station
  • HD CMOS camera (2 Mio? recording currently stuck at 720P)
  • Aluminum panel, IP65,IK08
  • ICR Night vision &Voice indication
  • Video & Audio messaging
  • Remote intercom with mobile APP
  • Surface mounted
  • hidden SD slot - currently not in use
  • powered by SoCHi3516?? (ARM A9 with Apical Image Signal Processor Core)

upload_2018-4-19_11-19-10.png

Up to 4 four buttons planned but not exposed?

..but now there are:

just saw it on the Dahua website:
upload_2018-6-10_22-55-18.png

Here is the newer version - the next gen device. It gain a few more icons and such.
But what is the real difference?

1598615428817.png

VTO3211D-P single button exposed -> (new)
VTO3211D-P2 two buttons exposed -> the one we know
VTO3211D-P4 four buttons exposed -> (new)

Unfortunately there is not much information about this device besides some technical data at all.
I only stumbled about Steff's informative post here in the forum.

I am interested in reviews, experiences with that devices and the pro and cons.
As well as good sources for uptodate firmware. language support etc.
Where to buy, sources... etc.

Thanks for sharing!
INT

Firmware:

Latest international (English) firmware:
1.200.0000.0. release 2017-06-30 confirmed by Steff in this thread Outdated

Some Dahua firmwares for video intercom can be found here.
But so far no sign of firmware for the VTO3211D-P2 - which is NOT compatible with the VTO2000A firmwares.

Update:
Here in the form user riogrande75 posted a link to a list of his holding the current firmware (12/2019).
That includes the new SIP 2.0 firmwares as well ( e.g. V4.3 & V4.4 as well as some language packs) for Gen1 devices.

You would first flash the actual firmware and then the language pack - if desired.

Both works best with VDPConfig from the Duha ToolBox . That is a collection of tools that can be installed. Most of which are of no interest for the VTH3221D.
Use it with caution and at your own risk.
_
1597906534125.png

Note: Going from PreSIP (V1.XX) firmware to SIP capable firmware (V4..)
This might include a step in between (--> 'transition' firmware). At least when you get stuck at the failing upgrade at 50% issue

I had to use something like Customer_VTO3211D_Eng_P_32M_SIP_V3.200.10M7000.0.T.20181116.bin going from V1, V3X to V4.3.
I attached it to this posting (08/2020).
But be aware use at your own risk only. No guarantees.

1598644889108.png

To get an idea - how a set up might be...

Not tested but here is how to reset the unit w/o Software etc.

Installation/set up made look so easy:

Attachments

Last edited:

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m going to order one from @EMPIRETECANDY to test around with this one. He doesn’t have it in stock, but he’s going to book it for me. Don’t know how long this would take and how long it takes to come to me on a cheap postage way… I already have a door line with a/b port and have a lot cams, but I’ll give it a try and play a little with it. So maybe in a few weeks I could tell you more
For now I’ll only order it without VTH and will see how it works with the iDMSS app and my Dahua NVR.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @Crazykiller,

Thanks for sharing! Any idea when he will got it? ;-)! Do you buy it then through the/his ali channel !?
I am really interested in your experience!

Thanks,
INT

Last edited:

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

is there any source somewhere for the firmware for the VTO3211D-P2!?

- Does anyone know how the hardware differs from the VTO2000A !?
- Would there be a chance to interchange firmwares ?

What do you think?

INT

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi @Crazykiller,

Thanks for sharing! Any idea when he will got it? ;-)! Do you buy it then through the/his ali channel !?
I am really interested in your experience!

Thanks,
INT
Don’t know when he’s going to get it. He has to book it from Dahua and it depends on them how long specific items take.
I assume I’ll buy it directly from @EMPIRETECANDY with PayPal. Always hat good experience with Andy, so no worries about making order directly. And in worst case you have the PayPal protection.
After he got it from Dahua it will also take some time to arrive me, I don’t need DHL with higher shipping costs, so I might choose the slower and probably cheaper way

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don’t know when he’s going to get it. He has to book it from Dahua and it depends on them how long specific items take.
I assume I’ll buy it directly from @EMPIRETECANDY with PayPal. Always hat good experience with Andy, so no worries about making order directly. And in worst case you have the PayPal protection.
After he got it from Dahua it will also take some time to arrive me, I don’t need DHL with higher shipping costs, so I might choose the slower and probably cheaper way
Hi there,
I might do the same. I already contacted him. I am also interested in indoor stations.
Lately customs got quite strict here in Germany... I suppose... Any worries there!?

INT

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all,

one more question what kind of POE switches can be used? Only the one that Dahua provides themselves
(Dahua VTNS1060A) ?

Thanks,
INT

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi there,
I might do the same. I already contacted him. I am also interested in indoor stations.
Lately customs got quite strict here in Germany... I suppose... Any worries there!?

INT

Yep, customs are strict in Germany. Andy could manage the customs for you. He’s a good one

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think any PoE switch will do the trick, but I couldn’t test without a unit

Steff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unfortunatly the Dahua intercom monitors don’t work with standard POEs. At least my VTH1560CS didn’t work.
So either use
- the VTNS1060A,
- use a power adapter, or
- power with an injector.
Since my monitor is yet not mounted properly/finally I currently still use an 12V power adapter.

Reactions: int

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunatly the Dahua intercom monitors don’t work with standard POEs. At least my VTH1560CS didn’t work.
So either use
- the VTNS1060A,
Since my monitor is yet not mounted properly/finally I currently still use an 12V power adapter.
I was afraid so... But I can live with it... I guess. What voltage do you supply 12V!?

INT

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So either use
- the VTNS1060A,
This is strange. In most descriptions of the VTH's it says 12V or VTNS1060A, but in the description of yours it says:
> Displayer: 7” TFT LCD, capacitive touch screen resolution, resolution 800×480
> 5 mechanical button
> 1 channel 10/100Mbps self-adaptive Ethernet
> To communicate with other residents in the same community
> Info publish, leave message, emergency calling
> Support DND setting and multiple outdoor station connection
> Support outdoor station and IPC monitor
> Support POE power supply
> Support SD card storage, video record and picture snapshot.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Steff : actually you power it directly with a 12v power supply. do you also have the VTNS1060A? Would be interesting how it gives the 12v to the VTH. Is it passive on wire 4,5 and 7,8? So maybe a passive poe injector could do the trick... the distance from the VTNS to the Monitor couldn't be that long if it goes only passive over the cat cable. But i couldn't find a useful manual of the VTNS where you could read distances or wirings...

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
... for the VTNS1060A I find no real info what voltages it distributes...
But I guess you are right @Crazykiller to assume that theses wires are used.
I believe it is just a passive POE following the 802.3af, mode B cabling standard.

Nevertheless I read somewhere that it has a proprietary...way of supplying the power.
The technical data states 45W in total - but does say what voltages are actually supported.

INT

jemesecurise

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello i'm new on this forum, i test this VTO3211 in all way.
all i can tell is that the best VTO from Dahua.
i explain
- it have 2 buttons (1 will be good also, but 2 buttons can call 1 VTH so not problem)
- it have POE standard not VTNS1060A
- it have output contact on the back will activate relay when someone ring
- it have 140 ° horizontal view at 1.3mm not 2MP, i prefer 2 MP
- it have IR led
- when you use the 2 buttons for 2 appartement for exemple, you can have notification on smartphone each one. (that is very very good).
- it is in Aluminium case
- and 100 other good stuff.

for answer to the last com, the firmware doesn't the same that VTO2000A have, if you upgrade with this firmware you will brick the VTO.

i ear from dahua that a global firmware will release very soon but only English for moment.

have good day

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i explain
- it have 2 buttons (1 will be good also, but 2 buttons can call 1 VTH so not problem)
- it have output contact on the back will activate relay when someone ring
- it have 140 ° horizontal view at 1.3mm not 2MP, i prefer 2 MP
- it have IR led
- when you use the 2 buttons for 2 appartement for exemple, you can have notification on smartphone each one. (that is very very good).
- it is in Aluminium case
- and 100 other good stuff.

have good day
Hi @jemescurise ,

Thanks for your post here. Glad to hear that you quite happy with it. It seems that I will put my money on it as well despite the lack of wide spread reviews.
So you say there a contact which is connected when someone rings? So one could add e.g. another kind of doorbell to it!?
Or trigger something else (e,g. a light switch)?

I guess here you can also see a setup of VTNS1060A - which in this case seem to be powered by another POE (standard?) switch?

The two buttons... I believe there will be a version with four buttons (at least the space seems to be provided...).
How long are you using it? Any issues so far!?
Does it run a reboot very night? Any experience how it handles outages!?

One question - are you using the ID card feature?

Thanks,
INT

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you also power your VTH with your PoE switch, or only the VTO?

jemesecurise

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sorry for my bad English i'm french, the relay is at the back of VTO you have to use the cable in the package to connect near the RJ45 connector. after that you have to enable on web interface of VTO.
in fact in you vidéo you have 3 VTH1550CH with old firmware, this firmware doesnt works with VTO3211, you need the last firmware for VTH1550CH or use VTH5211CH who use the good firmware.
if you use VTH5221CH you can powered with classic POE switch, not need VTNS1060A.

the VTNS1060A its only for VTO2000A and VTH15XX series.

for the reboot you can choose reboot all day, or one specific day.

for the ID card its RFID mifare system. you can add with the interface or remote with Smart PSS

Reactions: TUX

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint with the WiFi indoor station. Didn’t had a look at them before. But with normal PoE would be preferred.