Hikvision camera admin password reset tool

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Helpfull as ever.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Our old friend iTune must of had political training in avoiding a question by giving an answer to something else.....lol

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't help that half of us can't understand half of what he writes due to the language barrier :)

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't help that half of us can't understand half of what he writes due to the language barrier :)
It's not just the language barrier, he had yet to really prove he can do anything other than block java in a web page
Read his posts and you will see he has shared nothing and helped no one, that is self evident of what he does.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Helpfull as ever.
Our old friend iTune must of had political training in avoiding a question by giving an answer to something else.....lol
It's not just the language barrier, he had yet to really prove he can do anything other than block java in a web page
Read his posts and you will see he has shared nothing and helped no one, that is self evident of what he does.
You guys first started an abused, but I'm not offended flawed idiots, blind and dumb. ;) ;) ;)Your self-esteem is through the roof, that you here someone help here and share information, which is issued for "knowledge."
I feel sorry for you.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Low self esteem, lol this is just fun you moron, you do this for personal gain, the rest do for our personal use.
You have helped no one on this forum, but this has been covered before, your screen shots also prove nothing the are of no help or knowledge to anyone.
CBX was a person of knowledge, that did help people whom struggled, you do nothing its that simple.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Low self esteem, lol this is just fun you moron, you do this for personal gain, the rest do for our personal use.
You have helped no one on this forum, but this has been covered before, your screen shots also prove nothing the are of no help or knowledge to anyone.
CBX was a person of knowledge, that did help people whom struggled, you do nothing its that simple.
CBX is my friend and i know enough about him and he knows enough about me and that's enough. ;)
He respects me and understand what I do and I respect him for his work ;) ;)
I do not need someone to prove something ;) ;) ;)

sun

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys for posting this,
Need it badly , worked fine on 7600 series nvr

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So someone, who is connected to my wifi connection ( same as where the cameras are conencted to ) should be able to reset password for all of the camera's ?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
So someone, who is connected to my wifi connection ( same as where the cameras are conencted to ) should be able to reset password for all of the camera's ?
Yes, that is possible. It would be better to use a router that provides a guest network as that will be unable to access other devices on your LAN.

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Doing a reset using the reset button on the back of the camera reset the password. Not very secure if you ask me.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Doing a reset using the reset button on the back of the camera reset the password. Not very secure if you ask me.
Not all models have a reset button..the ones that do have them internally but for some bullets like the 2032...the reset button on the cameras require that the power be removed then applied while holding the reset button...regardless, anyone who can get close enough to the reset button can disable the camera in a much easier fashion...its not really an issue..

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not all models have a reset button..the ones that do have them internally but for some bullets like the 2032...the reset button on the cameras require that the power be removed then applied while holding the reset button...regardless, anyone who can get close enough to the reset button can disable the camera in a much easier fashion...its not really an issue..
True...

federer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i just tried using this and it crashed the SADP software

freakwent

n3wb
Reaction score
My NVR is Model DS-7104N-SN "Password Recovery Failed" too.
I reflashed mine; got my pwd fixed and got English console but I don't know why the client requests the wrong file most of the time and only asks for digicam.dav occasionally, so it's a time consuming process.

Reaction score
Hi, just have got DS-2CD2432F and tried to update to the latest fw 5.3.0 from the web-site. Suddenly :), something going wrong.
So, I updated via TFTP, but now get the other problem: camera does not accept neither my old password, nor default 12345.
Also, the secure code generation script seems not working for latest firmware. Or at least camera does not accept code or can not reset password.
Any suggestions what can I do without official support?

I can open cam and connect rs232, but not sure I know root pass.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The password for 'root' at the command prompt is the same as that for 'admin' at the web GUI - however if you are running 5.3.0 you will only have access to the 'Busybox protect Shell' psh with very little useful command access.
When you try to log in to the camera, is this with a web browser, and does it present with the 'device activation' dialogues, or just the normal login screen?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just have got DS-2CD2432F and tried to update to the latest fw 5.3.0 from the web-site. Suddenly :), something going wrong.
So, I updated via TFTP, but now get the other problem: camera does not accept neither my old password, nor default 12345.
Also, the secure code generation script seems not working for latest firmware. Or at least camera does not accept code or can not reset password.
Any suggestions what can I do without official support?

I can open cam and connect rs232, but not sure I know root pass.
I don't have any cams on latest firmware, so you may be right that they are using a different reset code now, but one easy mistake to make is to use the wrong date when generating the reset code. First, power cycle the camera. Then in the SADP program, check the startup date of the camera. Use that date in the reset code generator tool.

Alternatively, I'd suggest trying http://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English