Hikvision's new 4MP 2-series

ressue

n3wb
Reaction score
Here's a sample of my DS-2CD2342WD-I firmware 5.3.3 recorded on a 7608NI-E2/8P on firmware US 3.1.0 at 1080p. It does this everytime it does motion detection, in 1080 and in 4mp. The flashing is driving me crazy, I can't figure it out.
[video]https://youtu.be/nsjzrGbQ7Kg[/video]
Check the camera connection cable to the motherboard, but it might also be a faulty camera.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you get the same effect when viewing the camera directly via the web GUI?
If powered via a PoE port - do you have any facility to temporarily power via a separate 12v power supply?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if you got any of these new 4MP cams installed yet and if so could you please post your final settings?

Thanks....
I will have some installed next week I believe anyway, I just installed the last of my 3mp stockpile and sent out 3 4mp for install today. Now for them to get put up.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here is an attachment from my "milkisbad" 4mp mini bullet - 4mm lens - one of the many cars that use our driveway as a turnaround.. In this pic its about 34' away. Still trying to dial it in.. settings that I like for night aren't the greatest for daytime and vise versa.

Software is hikvision 5.3.1

settings of note:
brightness/contrast/saturation/sharpness all at 50
Exposure - 1/30 gain 63
wdr - on at 59
white balance - auto1
digital noise - on at 69

Attachments

OldStyle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a sample of my DS-2CD2342WD-I firmware 5.3.3 recorded on a 7608NI-E2/8P on firmware US 3.1.0 at 1080p. It does this everytime it does motion detection, in 1080 and in 4mp. The flashing is driving me crazy, I can't figure it out.
Very nice quality, but that flickering is very annoying.

ajason

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I have a similar 4mp camera (2CDC2041WD-I) and it has the same problem: White flashing.

But the white flashing on mine is not associated with motion detection. It happens every 10-20 seconds or so. The only time I can make it happen is when I click the "save" button while connected via browser to the camera. I've tried all sorts of things to fix it but I've given up; it wants to flash.

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've tried separate power sources for both cameras and it does it still. In the web gui, and the nvr output. In 4mp mode it does it every 10-20 seconds also for the turret, in 1080 only with motion. The mini dome only does it with motion in all resolutions. I think it might just be a nvr issue. Hopefully a new firmware will fix it.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of mine is white flashing now too... annoying! At least I'm not alone. Wasn't yesterday hmmm....

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had it on continuous yesterday so, if you want motion then turn off motion and turn on intrusion detection and make boxes and thresholds. Less false alarms too!

v5.3.3 supports 4x line-crossing but I'm finding setting the sensitivity very fiddly.

ajason

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One of mine is white flashing now too... annoying! At least I'm not alone. Wasn't yesterday hmmm....

Another problem presented with this 4MP camera -- after making changes to various parameters (trying to fix the flashing), the camera will not save settings. Even with I am directly connected to the camera via browser GUI, I cannot get the camera to save the GAIN setting (for one.) I had turned it to zero for testing and I cannot get it back to any other value. I can move the slider but it does not save the value to the camera. I've tried all sorts of "tricks" but nothing works.

MiniOh

n3wb
Reaction score
I had it on continuous yesterday so, if you want motion then turn off motion and turn on intrusion detection and make boxes and thresholds. Less false alarms too!

v5.3.3 supports 4x line-crossing but I'm finding setting the sensitivity very fiddly.
For me too.
I used DS-2CD2032-I before and have to use thresholds between 30 and 35% line detection to detect people and cats for example.
With the new DS-2CD2042 i have to use over 80% to detect people. But I think even that does not always work.
Little bit irritating.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
For me too.
I used DS-2CD2032-I before and have to use thresholds between 30 and 35% line detection to detect people and cats for example.
With the new DS-2CD2042 i have to use over 80% to detect people. But I think even that does not always work.
Little bit irritating.
I'm going to install 4-5 outside cameras and get the feeling these low light level cameras with wdr have issues that may not be fixed with firmware, should I go with 3mp units as I plan to record at 1080p?

MiniOh

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to install 4-5 outside cameras and get the feeling these low light level cameras with wdr have issues that may not be fixed with firmware, should I go with 3mp units as I plan to record at 1080p?
I think its the first second firmware for the new cameras. So we have to wait a liffle bit.
I´m sure it cam be fixed with new firmware.
DS-2CD2032-I is nice fpr 1080p, but DS-2CD2042 has much better picture and videoquality.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
I think its the first second firmware for the new cameras. So we have to wait a liffle bit.
I´m sure it cam be fixed with new firmware.
DS-2CD2032-I is nice fpr 1080p, but DS-2CD2042 has much better picture and videoquality.
thanks for reply. If I record at 1080p will picture and video be much better with 2042 vs 2032?

the improvements of 2042 smaller pixels, 7X light sensitivity and wider dynamic range, makes me doubt firmware will fix issues completey, it will improve, but the fix will be with second or third generation cmos sensor as problems point to pushing limits of cmos chip. just my opinion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you will be recording at 1080 get the new 2mp units

Sent via Taptalk

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been anxiously awaiting the availability of these new 4MP cams from Milkisbad, now I'm thinking maybe it's good I haven't been able to order them yet. It's gonna be interesting to keep a watch here and see what experiences people are having with these cameras.

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, I'm also having issues with the white flashing on mine, I thought it was just a problem with it cycling between night and day but from looking at the youtube video, I got the same problem. It doesn't matter if it's motion detecting or not, just flashes.

I went back to my recorded video to see if the flashes show but it seems like it's only for the live mode, are you guys getting it both live and recorded?

Last edited by a moderator:

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Check the camera connection cable to the motherboard, but it might also be a faulty camera.
I got 10 of these last week and some of them show this problem, so either it's a manufacture defect or it's some FW issue with it. They seem to flash randomly during the live preview.

jimmyt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
jsut curious.. are you all on 5.3.3? I am on 5.3.1 and dont have those issues - although not sure how many are on 5.3.1 since yours all probably came with 5.3.3

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have got my DS-2CD2042WD-I finally delivered today.

It looks like this model is still now available in Synology and got it working as the previous one (DS-2CD2032WD-I) the only problem is the resolution.

Device works fine with 2MP resolution (1920x1080) but as soon as I choose 4MP (2048x1536) it says "Disconnected" next to the camera name.

Is there any way to get this temporarily working somehow with 4MP resolution to test?
I got the same problem but this is with a Hikvision NVR 7104. I had to reduce it to 2MP to get it to stream, did you figure out how to fix this?

- - - Updated - - -

jsut curious.. are you all on 5.3.3? I am on 5.3.1 and dont have those issues - although not sure how many are on 5.3.1 since yours all probably came with 5.3.3
I'm using v5.3.3, which came straight out of the box. Is there any way to downgrade to v5.3.1? If so, where can I get the FW for v5.3.1? I got these cameras straight from an aliexpress supplier.