Aliexpress sellers not allowed to sell hikvision any more??

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The store has been checking if they are able to get the 6mm lens variant. This is ideally what I need, though the 4mm should be OK given the extra resolution.
I was looking for another DS-2CD3332 6mm, this DS-2CD3345-I seemed pretty close given the non-availability now of the DS-2CD3332.
If you can't find one then I might have one spare. Seems like DS-2CD2332-I are rare as rocking horse poo at the moment.

I also think I have an 8mm spare lens if that helps?

iceau

n3wb
Reaction score
Does it matter what firmware the cameras have if you're not using a HIKVISION NVR? and using something like Blue Iris or Milestone?

I've seen a few on Aliexpress but I think the firmware was chinese/ hacked.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We are official Hikvision resellers in the UK and keep most linesin stock. Drop me an email tomorrow and will work some prices out sales:netviewcctv.co.uk
No thanks. I thought you were sub-distributors (whatever that means?) and now you are official Hikvision resellers. Don't make me laugh. I personally wouldn't buy from you, others can make their own mind up.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has anyone had a 3345 delivered? And was it in Chinese? Wouldn't be a biggie for me except I think I'll get a language mismatch.

Thanks in advance.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We are official Hikvision resellers in the UK and keep most linesin stock. Drop me an email tomorrow and will work some prices out sales:netviewcctv.co.uk
Thanks for the offer but, I currently use ADI which gives me heathland discount, as well as CCTVWHOLESALER.CO.UK again good prices for trade. But more over I like to support the grey market with cameras at £55-60 inc delivery.

Stevejn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision have 4 official distributors in the UK, and several sub-distributors. Technical support is provided to anyone who buys from them, but is refused to anyone who buys from unnoficial channels. If you buy online then that is the only route for support

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hikvision have 4 official distributors in the UK, and several sub-distributors. Technical support is provided to anyone who buys from them, but is refused to anyone who buys from unnoficial channels. If you buy online then that is the only route for support
Now let's all be nice and welcome @Stevejn of Hikvision UK to the forum.
As pointed out Hikvision will not be providing any after sales or Technical support for grey imported models.
But hopefully will point people in the correct direction for sales at realistic prices within the UK.

This is as you can see a huge market that Hikvision is missing out within the UK Europe and the US due to the grey market from China.
Something maybe worth thinking about, how to make the grey market models not worth the hassle and embrace those sales within your own Region.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevejn

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd love to make it not worth the hassle which is why we are investing so much in local support staff.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's a shame, that with today's digital world you still have a reseller programme and your fantastic camera's not easily available to anyone who wants them, But the OEM versions are like LTS or Unbranded versions are. This is why the products are being brought from China as Ebay AE and Amazon make buying so easy.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Steve, In my opinion, Hikvision could OWN the worldwide IP camera market if they'd simply (1) stop this region nonsense, (2) sell one single "world-wide region" cameras and (3) open up their firmware to be user/hobbyist/power-user friendly. O W N T H E M A R K E T. IMO. If you are so worried about support costs then sell your cameras as UNSUPPORTED (except fot firmware updates).

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It's a shame, that with today's digital world you still have a reseller programme and your fantastic camera's not easily available to anyone who wants them, But the OEM versions are like LTS or Unbranded versions are. This is why the products are being brought from China as Ebay AE and Amazon make buying so easy.
Perhaps OEM program is more profitable for Hikvision then opening this up to consumers. They have plenty of OEMs that purchase these in bulk and sell at a higher cost. If they open this up to consumers OEM business will suffer.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OEM models are generally cheaper, than original branded goods not all but Hik camera's about 10% less in the UK

The funny thing is in playing these games, it allows Dahua to up there game with their new models in full English retail packaging for less than Hik, as well Huisun getting good quality cameras out there.

The only thing that's likely to happen is a slide in profits and a smaller market share in 2016 while regional controlling is done.

I would personally like to buy from the UK, but pricing has a lot to do with it.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Dahua seems like catching up. Huisun is interesting, but I doubt it will be stepping on Hikvision toes any time soon. Although, personally I am moving away from Hikvision. Their latest offering is not as exciting as it was 2 years ago with 3MP.

Stevejn

n3wb
Reaction score
Not as exciting? Smart 2, 4K, h.264+, analytics, thermal, LPR, tracking, 3,4,5,6,8,12MP? Have to wonder what else we'd have to do

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes indeed, but you are mixing up the industrial/commercial/public adminstration range with the small outlet/domestic/hobbyist/DIY range.

I'm very impressed with the product design, engineering, build quality and performance of the 2-Series IPC range and associated NVRs.
But the recent silly attempts to impose regional restrictions I'm very unimpressed with.
In my view, it really spoils the brand image, and in reality the end result will be reducing your sales for the benefit of your competition.
You need to get smarter in your distribution and marketing rather than try the type of restrictive tactics that were discredited and abandoned decades ago.

Stevejn

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes indeed, but you are mixing up the industrial/commercial/public adminstration range with the small outlet/domestic/hobbyist/DIY range.

I'm very impressed with the product design, engineering, build quality and performance of the 2-Series IPC range and associated NVRs.
But the recent silly attempts to impose regional restrictions I'm very unimpressed with.
In my view, it really spoils the brand image, and in reality the end result will be reducing your sales for the benefit of your competition.
You need to get smarter in your distribution and marketing rather than try the type of restrictive tactics that were discredited and abandoned decades ago.
Alistair - we offer a range of products in differing markets, some of which, for legal reasons are available in some markets, but not others, due to local legislation. But aside from this, we receive so many calls from non-professionals who need support after purchasing a product online that it can prevent us from dealing with true technical issues. We wish, at the end of the day, to provide a better level of service in all of our markets, and as a BDM, my focus must be professional. We do offer some of the OEM brands, which can be purchased legitimately over the counter by "hobbyists", but the professional level of product often requires training which we could not provide otherwise. I am assuming you purchased your car from ebay? Or your house? Professional bodies, such as local government and commercial organisations require us to provide a level of service.

Regards

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
we receive so many calls from non-professionals who need support after purchasing a product online that it can prevent us from dealing with true technical issues.
I wonder what proportion of those calls are 'self-inflicted' - in other words from customers who have trustingly applied to their Hikvision products the updates that you offer publically only to discover they no longer work?
Only a small proportion will have the time or awareness to get help from communities such as on this forum.
It's a normal assumption that updates are offered for product enhancement and problem fixes. Can you truly say that your are in that category? (Best not answer that ...).

Something that would demonstrate the brand quality and differentiate it from the competition would be some basic 'How to' and troubleshooting guides on your websites, linked to the products.
Investing some of the technical resource instead in creating and refining these would likely reduce the level of low-level calls, and make the true issues more visible, and the support more useful.

Anyway - full marks for participating in this forum, where you can expect some interesting debate and maybe brickbats and plaudits in equal measure.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...Anyway - full marks for participating in this forum, where you can expect some interesting debate and maybe brickbats and plaudits in equal measure.
Yes, welcome Steve! LOVE Hikvision's cameras...HATE Hikvision's marketing "strategy." And I do hope you stick around.

TallPaul

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Stevejn - can you advise where you can buy hikvision in the UK please at competitive prices?

As you can tell from post count (this is number 1) I am new, hikvision cameras seem good quality at good price and I was about to order a couple from Aliexpress or eBay. Always happy to buy locally in UK at a SENSIBLE price, so far all I can find with google search is people trying to make unrealistic profits (tax/duty considered).

Also with this whole region nonsense and no official reseller/distributor list on the hikvision website (that I could find) as a new punter I am not exactly clear which are "official" English language models and which are chinese models with the language changed.

Looking for a turrent for example, DS-2CD2332-I are $90 (£60) or less on aliexpress shipped (+VAT on import) and somewhere like http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2344 want's £155 and they don't even list themselves as an accredited partner! - http://www.networkwebcams.co.uk/brands