Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok, great.
Off course, factory reset should follow every up-/downgrade.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello all !

I'm looking for a VTH to work with my VTO3211D-P2. The VTH1550 was interesting, but not 802.3af compatible (PoE). So i've checked the VTH5221D, but the VTO3211 isn't in compatibility list.

Does anyone know if it can work?
Yes it does. Have both devices tested together with the actual SIP firmware.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sometimes i realy don't understand the behavior of this device. Maybe i don't do thing the right way... but hey ! It works !
I guess that's part of the deal you get yourself into with such things these days...
I guess it meant to be that way so - when u get it to work - you are even more relived...

INT.

sogood

n3wb
Reaction score
I , dou you know how i can reset the VTO for factory , because my log in admin is blaklisted in the VTO and it impossible to connect on web interface whit any PC.

I try to rest with the front button , but only le password is reset, on the back side, i try 10-15second on button, 5 short time, but i never reset/
could you help me?
thanks
I'm in the same situation. How can it be solved?
Thanks

dicool

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm also in process of door phone selection and Dahua VTO3211d-p seems to be quite good in terms of features vs. cost (especially with SIP firmware as I'm going to use it with existing FreePBX).
Few questions to experts who had a chance to work with this door panel:
1. Any options to control door relay via HTTP link (HTTP request)? Or any other ways if I need to open the door from another platform? Modbus/MQTT?
2. General question - is it possible to add one more relay to this door phone?

Silvestro

n3wb
Reaction score
ciao,
Si è possibile mettere un secondo relè tramite modulo RS485 .
Io per aprire la porta da qualsiasi dispositivo utilizzo IFTT con un sonoof 4ch modificato che lavora in parallelo

dicool

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Silvestro!
Could you please provide more details on how did you connect VTO with 4ch sonoff?
What firmware did you upload to both devices?
And what steps (from soft perspective) did you perform to link them via RS485?

Silvestro

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you Silvestro!
Could you please provide more details on how did you connect VTO with 4ch sonoff?
What firmware did you upload to both devices?
And what steps (from soft perspective) did you perform to link them via RS485?
  • Il Sonoff 4ch pro, che ho non è a passo pulito, quindi ho aggiunto un ulteriore relè in modo da lavorare a passo pulito, quindi per aprire la porta utilizzo due relè, uno del VTO e l’altro del Sonoff.
  • Il firmware che ho io nel dispositivo VTO3211D-P4 è quello SIP, general_VTO3211D_Eng_P_SIP_V4.300.0000000.5
  • Il modulo relè aggiuntivo su RS485, consente di espandere le funzionalità del videocitofono con il controllo di un'altra porta o cancello. L'uscita a relè integrata permette di controllare qualsiasi dispositivo NO / NC. L'uscita viene attivata dal videocitofono o telefono cellulare (tramite app DMSS).
  • segui questa guida che ti allego:
ciao

Attachments

Reaction score
Dear All,

I just purchased this VTO3211D-P (single button) to act as a video doorbell in my own house. Works great, setup was only a little bit confusing thanks to the lot of contribution from you guys :) I can open with multiple mifar keyfobs, I can unlock from WAN, and I get idmss plus notifications to 3 iOS device at the same time via p2p, even on WAN, without problem. I do not have a VTH, I have an iPad in the house which acts as a HomeKit hub.

I'm seeking for a little advice on integrating the device into Homekit, via Homebridge. I have a synology NAS, running Homebridhe, and I already have integrated several Dahua IPC-s into Homekit this way, via ffmpeg plugin and remote streaming protocol. During the integration, in the plugin configuration I need to use two URLs, one for the rtps stream link, and for a snapshot image url (Homekit only refreshes snapshots when user interacts with Apple Home app, and stream is only called when you click on the image, thus reducing streaming load on the camera).

for this VTO I can access the rtsp stream via http easily (btw, I only found this method working to integrate the VTO into a Dahua NVR4108 to record camera along with the other IPC, does anyone know a better way??), but I can't find any snapshot image url, the usual snapshot.cgi url does not work.

Does any of you know any way, to get a httpc call from the camera ANYTIME, which snaps an actual photo, and sends it over http via LAN?

Also, one comment from a fellow member riogrande got really caught my eyes, by saying integrating MQTT topic sending into the firmware, that could be also very very interesting, to make further automations via Homebridge, any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance!!

Tilbo

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated my VTO3211D-P2 to firmware 4.3. However, I can't enter anthing in the Household Settings. I cannot add VTO, I cannot add a room. When I press 'add' nothing happens and the field reads 'No data'. I tried 3 different browsers, cleared the cache but nothing happens. Does anybody know what is wrong?

2020-02-22 20_10_39-WEB SERVICE.png

dirty_pauk

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, i have a VTO3211-p4 (V.4.300.0000002.0.R)
i can't connect to freepbx. is there a guide?

P.S.
ho visto c'è più di qualche italiano (o che almeno parli italiano).

thanks

dirty_pauk

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated my VTO3211D-P2 to firmware 4.3. However, I can't enter anthing in the Household Settings. I cannot add VTO, I cannot add a room. When I press 'add' nothing happens and the field reads 'No data'. I tried 3 different browsers, cleared the cache but nothing happens. Does anybody know what is wrong?

View attachment 55938
sorry my english.
I also spent a lot of time before I understood ....

Set server type VTO (enable SIP server) and reboot
Schermata a 2020-03-12 14-39-11.png

Create the various rooms and assign the rooms on keys (on layut page)
number and password you will then use them with asterisk / freepbx

Schermata a 2020-03-12 14-35-43.png

save and then set SIP server (asterisk etc)

save and restart

now VTO number which can make 4 calls to different numbers (extensions freePBX/asterisk)

P.S.
now I have to understand how "unlock door" by voip phone works

dirty_pauk

n3wb
Reaction score
  • Il Sonoff 4ch pro, che ho non è a passo pulito, quindi ho aggiunto un ulteriore relè in modo da lavorare a passo pulito, quindi per aprire la porta utilizzo due relè, uno del VTO e l’altro del Sonoff.
  • Il firmware che ho io nel dispositivo VTO3211D-P4 è quello SIP, general_VTO3211D_Eng_P_SIP_V4.300.0000000.5
  • Il modulo relè aggiuntivo su RS485, consente di espandere le funzionalità del videocitofono con il controllo di un'altra porta o cancello. L'uscita a relè integrata permette di controllare qualsiasi dispositivo NO / NC. L'uscita viene attivata dal videocitofono o telefono cellulare (tramite app DMSS).
  • segui questa guida che ti allego:
ciao
Scusami il firmware: "general_VTO3211D_Eng_P_SIP_V4.300.0000000.5" dove lhai trovato? in rete ho visto fino a "general..00.4"
Hai installato tramite software o da seriale??
GRAZIE
##############
RESOLVE:
"unlock door" by voip phone:
i was wrong setting "DTMF Signaling" on freePBX extensions..... correct it's "RFC2833"

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
dirty_pauk said:
"unlock door" by voip phone:
i was wrong setting "DTMF Signaling" on freePBX extensions..... correct it's "RFC2833"
From my experience with VTO's I know, they usually work with "SIP_INFO" only. So at least the SIP port of the VTO should be set to SIP INFO.