Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

margan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi to all,
Anyone here powered this VTO with POE. Mine did'nt switch on with a 24V POE injector. Really does need at least a 48V POE injector ?
Answer by myself.
Yes it is !
The usual distance of this VTO from POE injector is longer than the one from a switch POE to the internal units. Thus a cable awg23 or 24 is too small to carry more amperes in a 12 or 24V for long distances. With 48V 0,3 amperes are more than the double amount of power needed by this VTO in fully working conditions.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ohm's law at it's best... I just hope that the 48v won't destroy your VTO that is designed for 12-24v.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Obviously VTO3211D includes a std. PoE (802.3af) converter in difference to most other dahua VTO/VTH devices.

ClaudioL

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi to all,
Anyone here powered this VTO with POE. Mine did'nt switch on with a 24V POE injector. Really does need at least a 48V POE injector ?

Works with any power supply that uses the 802.3af POE protocol

margan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No sorry, it doesn't. Mine was tested with both 12V and 24V poe injector and doesn't switch on with these voltages!

margan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IEEE 802.3af parameters

Power supply output power 15,4 W
Minimum power available to the receiver 12,95 W
Output voltage range of the power adapter 44,0 ... 57,0 V
Voltage range available at the receiver 37,0 ... 57,0 V
Maximum current 350 mA
Maximum twisted pair resistance 20 Ω (Cat. 3)
Compatible twisted pair categories Cat. 3 and higher
Guaranteed maximum distance 100 m

margan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can confirm that this VTO 3211 works with a cheap passive POE injector powered with a 48V switching power supply.

ppinf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,I have quite complex setup of diffrent Dahua devices, some of theme are quite old and were rebranded to Europe as BCS but I've updated them with Dahua firmware:
Dahua.jpg
They all are running newest firmware from pliki.dahuawiki.pl - if you want only Doorphone firmware go to "Domofony" Index of /Firmware/Domofony
Unfortunatelly I'm expiriencing some problems with push nottifications, It shows up in iDMSS Plus but it's loading slowly and most of the times not showing video. It's wierd because if i connect from the app with VTO i can see everything nicely, I've even changed the sub quality to the lovest with only 3 frames/s
Could anyone tell me if they found some solutions to this push problems?
And does anyne knows when they will release new version of SmartPSS for Mac??

Witold

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Dears,
This is my first post here- so thx to All of you for very useful observation and advises.

I wanted to share also my battle with VDO3211 (f/w 12.2017). I bought this unit to control the gate when I am out of home so gDMSS Plus was crucial for me.
When I installed all elements (hardware + mobile soft) and added VDO all was working instead of push notification & call ring from VDO on my mobile.

I read a lot on this forum and also other and I saw not only me have the same phenom.

No the problem is solved and all is working well (installed on two Android phones and working parallel).

So where is the point?:
It is very easy to make the mistake. My mistake was: I added VDO as Doorbell under gDMSS just putting serial number (manually or by scanner -> effect the same). During adding using this method gDMSS is asking pass and during adding line with #room (eg 9901) is not existing. Small things but this method allow to add VDO and there is video connection, unlock and voice connection working well. After correct set up push notification in Message Center still notification and call ring is not working on mobile.

So solutions is to add VDO to gDMSS via his WEB Server.
Just open VDO's web server and go to sub menu "Indoor Manager" and generate bar code linked with VDH. So pass is asked before bar code generation (via web server). During adding on mobile there no request to put any pass on mobile screen and additional line with #room is visible.
Last step is to set up Message Center for added device to get push notification.

There are to links showing proper method:

/I am not sure, but it looks this method can be used only if you have any VDH in your net/

I spent 2 days to solve my issue and thanks great support from Ali seller I found solution.

Witold

Reactions: int

IP415

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I'm planning to get dahua intercom with access control. Anyone managed to get card reader part working ? is there any manual for setting up the card reader.
Please help me out

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, I'm planning to get dahua intercom with access control. Anyone managed to get card reader part working ? is there any manual for setting up the card reader.
Please help me out
No personal experience, but found this video for you:

mika4real

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I also bought the VTO3211D-P2 and managed to set it up and get notified on my phone. What VTH do you recommend to use with the VTO3211D-P2. I didn't manage to clearly figure out what separates all the indoor stations from each other and wich is the newest. I also have a Dahua NVR and two IP-cams "sort of" running which would be nice to have them integrated.

Do I understand it correctly that the WiFi VTH's are not like a tablet device to walk around with, they are still hard mounted to a surface/wall, just the IP connection can be made wireless?

Reaction score
Hello folks,
Does anyone help me on how to wire VTO3211D-P2 to open the door. In order to open the door, I need to activate relay. Could anyone make a hand-draw?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello folks,
Does anyone help me on how to wire VTO3211D-P2 to open the door. In order to open the door, I need to activate relay. Could anyone make a hand-draw?
Sure, why would you not simply google for the manual of this (famous) VTO device and look at page 12 of its installation manual, you'll find this gem:

Full document: https://shopdelta.eu/pdf/vto3211d-p2__i_en.pdf

Good luck!
CC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I also bought the VTO3211D-P2 and managed to set it up and get notified on my phone. What VTH do you recommend to use with the VTO3211D-P2. I didn't manage to clearly figure out what separates all the indoor stations from each other and wich is the newest. I also have a Dahua NVR and two IP-cams "sort of" running which would be nice to have them integrated.

Do I understand it correctly that the WiFi VTH's are not like a tablet device to walk around with, they are still hard mounted to a surface/wall, just the IP connection can be made wireless?
I hadn't heard of any wifi-VTHs, so I gloogled a bit around, and found a manual of one of these "wifi"VTH: https://shopdelta.eu/pdf/vth_7inch_ip_v1.0.1__i_en.pdf

From that doc, I deduct:
1) you still need 12vDC to operate
or
2) you still need POE to operate

If you do the latter, why would you even bother using the wifi, as 99,9999% of your installed cams are on hard-wire.

Hence my advice to pick any VTH that "looks" good (VTHs tend to be WAF), and off you go.

Good luck!
CC

Reaction score
Sure, why would you not simply google for the manual of this (famous) VTO device and look at page 12 of its installation manual, you'll find this gem:

Full document: https://shopdelta.eu/pdf/vto3211d-p2__i_en.pdf

Good luck!
CC
Thank you for your reply.
I have read that drawing before. What I have done is that I connect 12V Power supply to it. I also connected relay pins to DOOR NC and DOOR COM. Then I used VTH monitor to open the door. It did not open it. I am very weak on electrical side. I did not figure out the problem.