Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

Regio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm going to buy a VTO3211D-P2-S2 and I would like to thank "Int" who opened the thread and all of you who have reported your experience. Precisely for this reason I decided to buy the S2 version. I hope to find the Italian language too, otherwise I will adapt. So many of you have had difficulties after making updates, I wouldn't want to go through the same trouble. This videointercom seems rich of technology at a little price. I ask Romanian users if they can indicate the price and the version purchased.

Reaction score
good morning! I have a VTO 3211 2 buttons, everything works smoothly except push notifications with the GDMSS PLUS app. I did everything according to the manual here's what mis kills:
  • on my phone (honor 10), notifications arrive when "he wants" (2 notifications out of 10) (iliad operator)
  • on my wife's phone (realme X2), never received a notification, it doesn't work even dead (vodafone operator)
  • on an old samsung (J3 perhaps), it doesn't miss a beat (iliad operator)
therefore it does not depend on the operator but on the "telephone" ??? it seems so strange, too strange ...
suggestions and / or advice ??? alternative apps ???

caillou

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks again from this helpfull topic

I'm trying several things without success on my VTO 3211D P2, a bit discouraging :(

1/ Can't upgrade firmware
VDPconfig tells me I'm on V3.200.9999000.0.R 2018_04_21 (not sure if it's pre SIP or already SIP)

Tried to update with:
Customer_VTO3211D_Eng_P_32M_SIP_V3.200.10M7000.0.T.20181116.bin
General_VTO3211D_MultiLang_PN_SIP_V4.400.0000000.3.R.20191019.bin
General_VTO3211D_Eng_P_SIP_V4.300.0000000.4.R.20190306.bin
General_VTO3211D_Eng_P_32M_V1.000.0012000.0.R.20180509.bin
All get stuck at 50% with "fail to upgrade" message

Tried MCU update with General_VTO3-6-MCU_App_V1.001.0000000.0.R.191010.bin by selecting MCU instead of "main". Same fail to upgrade error

Tried with and without "clear config" tick in small window after clicking upgrade

Tried with configtool5.0 and configtool3.2, same problems ("send upgrade data error" for configtool 3.2)

Tried to change port from 37777 to 3800 (read that somewhere) but after changing in web service and reboot, it goes back to 37777

Tried "factory default" in VDPconfig, then initialize

Didn't try TFTP or Serial

What am I missing ?

2/ [solved] don't receive calls on wifi, no image or call on 4G
Solution for calls: uninstall gdmss plus and reinstall, then in message tab, set alert: you should get a popup asking for permission and accept it. After doing several VTO add and delete you don't get the popup anymore and that's why it's doesnt work.
Solution for 4G: for some networks, a VPN is required, for example supervpn. I'm on bouygues telecom french network and VPN needs IPV4 to work. Go in android network settings, modify APN to set IPV4 instead of IPV6.
I now have video feed on 4G and image quality and smoothness is ok.

3/ [solved] Ok with rooms and QRcode I'm able to set GDMSS plus with room 9901 and GDMSS lite with room 9902 (because it doesn't let me have 2 rooms with the same SN on the same app)

4/ [solved] To add RFID card: I went to Local Config -> A&Cmanager, issue card, bip, associate with a room number and now I can see my cards in Indoor manager -> card no info

5/ Is there a way to create a widget in android that unlock gate ? gdssm apps seems to have no included widget

6/ I have a VTH5221DW that was working until I picked a wrong upgrade file on my 1st attemp:
General_VTH52X1D-data_EngDthFrnGerItlPorSpa_P_32M_SIP_PART_V4.300.0000003.0.R.20190510.bin
Now it's stuck in some sort of boot loop, I see button light up at strat but screen never goes on and VDP don't see it anymore...
I tried to plug it with micro usb port instead of POE but I goes in the same bootloop
Also tried 5 click on the power button, or 5s click to do some sort of reset but I'm not sure how it is resseted and since it does start properly, reset may not be applicable
I may have bricked it ... My fault.

Last edited:

caillou

n3wb
Reaction score
No notification on call both with sony ZX1compact & galaxy A3 2017

Reaction score
to me on honor 10 they arrive every many, on my wife's realme x2 never arrived one, my father's realme a7 never riucevuto one, on a samsung j3 2016 all and always, never lost a notification!

caillou

n3wb
Reaction score
Some potential solutions for you alessandro:

Go to android network setting and modify your APN: choose IPV4 instead of IPV6 if you are in IPV6, then save with the 3 dots on top right corner
If not ok, try to use a VP, for example supervpn (free)

Last edited:
Reaction score
thanks for the help, the problem is not the 3g / 4g connection as even with the connection to the home wi-fi it doesn't work!

caillou

n3wb
Reaction score
Other possible solution for calls: uninstall gdmss plus and reinstall, then in message tab, set alert: you should get a popup asking for permission and accept it. After doing several VTO add and delete you don't get the popup anymore and that's why it's doesnt work.

NotoriousT

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks again from this helpfull topic

I'm trying several things without success on my VTO 3211D P2, a bit discouraging :(

1/ Can't upgrade firmware
VDPconfig tells me I'm on V3.200.9999000.0.R 2018_04_21 (not sure if it's pre SIP or already SIP)

Tried to update with:
Customer_VTO3211D_Eng_P_32M_SIP_V3.200.10M7000.0.T.20181116.bin
General_VTO3211D_MultiLang_PN_SIP_V4.400.0000000.3.R.20191019.bin
General_VTO3211D_Eng_P_SIP_V4.300.0000000.4.R.20190306.bin
General_VTO3211D_Eng_P_32M_V1.000.0012000.0.R.20180509.bin
All get stuck at 50% with "fail to upgrade" message

Tried MCU update with General_VTO3-6-MCU_App_V1.001.0000000.0.R.191010.bin by selecting MCU instead of "main". Same fail to upgrade error

Tried with and without "clear config" tick in small window after clicking upgrade

Tried with configtool5.0 and configtool3.2, same problems ("send upgrade data error" for configtool 3.2)

Tried to change port from 37777 to 3800 (read that somewhere) but after changing in web service and reboot, it goes back to 37777

Tried "factory default" in VDPconfig, then initialize

Didn't try TFTP or Serial

What am I missing ?

2/ [solved] don't receive calls on wifi, no image or call on 4G
Solution for calls: uninstall gdmss plus and reinstall, then in message tab, set alert: you should get a popup asking for permission and accept it. After doing several VTO add and delete you don't get the popup anymore and that's why it's doesnt work.
Solution for 4G: for some networks, a VPN is required, for example supervpn. I'm on bouygues telecom french network and VPN needs IPV4 to work. Go in android network settings, modify APN to set IPV4 instead of IPV6.
I now have video feed on 4G and image quality and smoothness is ok.

3/ [solved] Ok with rooms and QRcode I'm able to set GDMSS plus with room 9901 and GDMSS lite with room 9902 (because it doesn't let me have 2 rooms with the same SN on the same app)

4/ [solved] To add RFID card: I went to Local Config -> A&Cmanager, issue card, bip, associate with a room number and now I can see my cards in Indoor manager -> card no info

5/ Is there a way to create a widget in android that unlock gate ? gdssm apps seems to have no included widget

6/ I have a VTH5221DW that was working until I picked a wrong upgrade file on my 1st attemp:
General_VTH52X1D-data_EngDthFrnGerItlPorSpa_P_32M_SIP_PART_V4.300.0000003.0.R.20190510.bin
Now it's stuck in some sort of boot loop, I see button light up at strat but screen never goes on and VDP don't see it anymore...
I tried to plug it with micro usb port instead of POE but I goes in the same bootloop
Also tried 5 click on the power button, or 5s click to do some sort of reset but I'm not sure how it is resseted and since it does start properly, reset may not be applicable
I may have bricked it ... My fault.

I have a x security re-branded Dahua VTO3211D with one button, I also had issues upgrading to SIP firmware until I used the information from this website:
Maby this helps.

Reaction score
Other possible solution for calls: uninstall gdmss plus and reinstall, then in message tab, set alert: you should get a popup asking for permission and accept it. After doing several VTO add and delete you don't get the popup anymore and that's why it's doesnt work.
So, I have already tried several times to install and uninstall the gdmss app but with no solutions. I didn't understand what I mean by "fter doing several VTO add and delete you don't get the popup anymore and that's why it's doesnt work."

caillou

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a x security re-branded Dahua VTO3211D with one button, I also had issues upgrading to SIP firmware until I used the information from this website:
Maby this helps.
Thanks for help
The transition firmware proposed in the link download "1_FIRMWARE - 3211.bin" didn't work :( "fail to ungrapde"

So, I have already tried several times to install and uninstall the gdmss app but with no solutions. I didn't understand what I mean by "fter doing several VTO add and delete you don't get the popup anymore and that's why it's doesnt work."
it's like you shouldn't change anything in gdmss VTO parameters after adding your VTO. For if you change the password, or you delete your VTO and add it again in the app, alarms stop working and you have to uninstall/install to get the permission popup again for it to work
That can't exaplain why you get the notification sometimes with one of your phones...

Reaction score
x the firmware, I recommend you contact dahua.fr; if you send them the serial number of the vto they should send you the latest updated firmware. I had contacted dahua.it and they sent me the latest firmware

hafizijaz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for help
The transition firmware proposed in the link download "1_FIRMWARE - 3211.bin" didn't work :( "fail to ungrapde"

it's like you shouldn't change anything in gdmss VTO parameters after adding your VTO. For if you change the password, or you delete your VTO and add it again in the app, alarms stop working and you have to uninstall/install to get the permission popup again for it to work
That can't exaplain why you get the notification sometimes with one of your phones...
I am having the same issue. If you get it working I'd appreciate an update. Thank you

The only firmware that can be successfully flashed is General_VTO3221D_EngItlSpnFrnDthGetPtg_P_32M_V3.200.9999000.0.R.20180421.bin from this site:

Index of /Firmware/Dahua Firmware/Baseline Firmware/VDP/VTO3211D-P2/Previous Versions (cop-eu.com)

After that, nothing works. Everything fails after 50% with "Failed to upgrade"

Last edited:

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you need help for this issue and device is from Dahua .. i can help you with remote access !!

caillou

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying alessandro0811 advice to contact dahua.fr
So far the only answer I got is they asked for the SN eventhough I already gave it in the 1st email....
Not sure I'll get something from them :(

Reaction score
hello,

I have a dahua VTO3211D-P2 (gen 1) firmware 4.300 2020-03-23 V4.300.0000000.5.R

I'm trying to configure it without VTH, only with android phone.
I'have installed linphone on my PC and on my android phone.

All the client connects successfully to the VTO ( I see the online status on "household settings" tab, but the android phone doesn't receive the calls from VTO.

VTO-> linhone on PC - OK
linhone on PC -> linphone on Android - OK
linhone on Android -> linphone on Mac - OK
VTO -> linphone on Android KO

I tried also with other PC clients and Android clients with the same results.
Same results with 4.4 firmware.

Attached all the configuration.
Can anyone help me?

Attachments

margan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi to all. I've seen it has been released a new firmware for VTO 3211D-P2 as mine is (I own it from about two years) . Looking at the Dahua download page they specify the compatibility with the models VTO3211D-P-S1/P2-S1/P4-S1(VTO3211D-P-S1 ). Not sure if they upgraded hardware and this "S1" is really a new device so we can't install finally this SIP official firmware DH_VTO3211D_MultiLang_PN_SIP_V4.400.0000000.3.R.20191019 on devices two years old.

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey brother... I can help you to config this VTO without VTH with DMSS and it will call directly from VTO to Mobile APP with video calling , remote unlock!!

hello,

I have a dahua VTO3211D-P2 (gen 1) firmware 4.300 2020-03-23 V4.300.0000000.5.R

I'm trying to configure it without VTH, only with android phone.
I'have installed linphone on my PC and on my android phone.

All the client connects successfully to the VTO ( I see the online status on "household settings" tab, but the android phone doesn't receive the calls from VTO.

VTO-> linhone on PC - OK
linhone on PC -> linphone on Android - OK
linhone on Android -> linphone on Mac - OK
VTO -> linphone on Android KO

I tried also with other PC clients and Android clients with the same results.
Same results with 4.4 firmware.

Attached all the configuration.
Can anyone help me?

Regio

n3wb
Reaction score
vto3211d-p2-S2 arrived today. as soon as I get the switch and the vths I will share with you the use and any problems (I don't think an update since it was produced 10/2020)