ANNKE I61DR 2MP (Hikvision Cube Clone)

greenmoss

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

After seeing @jerrysimon's post on this camera I thought I'd take a punt on it. So far so good, but thought I'd post my findings on it.

I bought it from Amazon UK for £56.

You can find the manufacturers page here.

Some quick stats.

Specifications:
  • Image Sensor: 1/2.8" Progressive Scan CMOS
  • Lens: 4mm@ F2.0, Angle of view: 85°
  • Day & Night: IR cut filter with auto switch
  • WDR: Digital WDR
  • Max. Resolution: 1920 × 1080
  • Image Enhancement: BLC/3D DNR/ROI
  • Video Compression: H.264/MJPEG
  • Audio input/output: Two-way audio (built-in microphone and speaker)
  • Network Storage: NAS, Built-in Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC card slot, up to 128 GB
  • Wireless network: Wi-Fi(IEEE802.11b/g/n)
  • Network Standard: ONVIF,PSIA,CGI,ISAPI
  • Communication Interface: 1 RJ45 10M/100M Ethernet interface
  • PIR: Angle: 80°,Range: 10m
  • IR Range: 10 meters
  • Dimensions: 72.3×89.9×131.3 mm
The camera is very well packaged, as from these pictures.

View attachment 21989 View attachment 21990

The camera was goes together with it's stand well.

View attachment 21991
I quickly connected via a cable and set the Admin password, it then connected straight away to my HIK NVR, using the HIK Protocol.

After sticking it up in the kitchen, just while I play with it, albeit in a precarious place, I played with some settings.

View attachment 21993 View attachment 21992

Here is a photo taken from the NVR.

View attachment 21994

Setting the camera up via the NVR mostly works, I just cannot get the Smart Events to save via the NVR. I can set them up in the camera, but they don't link into the NVR, so no emails from there.

Firmware version is V5.3.5 build 161112, but I cannot see anywhere on the ANNKE support site their latest version, which I believe is the same, but cannot check.

Is this camera worth the money, yes it is. I will hopefully be dropping this into the garage at some point and I'm sure it'll work perfectly in there.

Thanks,

Paul

WA3PNT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two 161DRs hard wired into my system.
They have a fixed IP Address, and are using Ports 8212/8213 for HTTP, and Ports 8201/8202 for Server respectively.
They are accessible with my Dahua NVR, and using the WEB GUI with Internet Explorer.

I downloaded the latest Dahua Toolbox, and tried the SmartPSS, Devices, and Device Config applications.

Devices finds 12 of my 14 CAMs, but does not find the 161DRs.
If I manually add them to the Devices, they return a status of "Offline (Timeout)"
I have tried numerous Ports without success.

Has anyone successfully accessed the 161DR using the Dahua SmartPSS or Devices applications?

Any ideas why they are not recognized?

RodeoGeorge

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two 161DRs hard wired into my system.
They have a fixed IP Address, and are using Ports 8212/8213 for HTTP, and Ports 8201/8202 for Server respectively.
They are accessible with my Dahua NVR, and using the WEB GUI with Internet Explorer.

I downloaded the latest Dahua Toolbox, and tried the SmartPSS, Devices, and Device Config applications.

Devices finds 12 of my 14 CAMs, but does not find the 161DRs.
If I manually add them to the Devices, they return a status of "Offline (Timeout)"
I have tried numerous Ports without success.

Has anyone successfully accessed the 161DR using the Dahua SmartPSS or Devices applications?

Any ideas why they are not recognized?

RodeoGeorge
that is because they are hikvision devices not dahua

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking on this comment.
I have two SUNBA PTZ CAMs that I can view and configure in the Dahua Toolbox, so wondering what is unique to the Hikvision.

RodeoGeorge
its not about being unique to hikvision. Both dahua and hikvision software can only see their respective cameras. If your sunba camera shows up on your dahua config tool that indicates that sunba is using code from dahua - likely stolen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont believe they are. The firmware graphics design is all different. The cameras are not similar. We have seen outright theft before, like the trash company longse using hikvision code for the cams and stealing milestone and video insight code for their vms. Free Longse 'ONVIF' VMS Released, Partially Stolen From Milestone, Video Insight
iirc - neither Dahua nor Hikvision neither release the open source code ( GPL ) that they're using - thus they're also breaking copyright ( aks - "stolen code" )

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
iirc - neither Dahua nor Hikvision neither release the open source code ( GPL ) that they're using - thus they're also breaking copyright ( aks - "stolen code" )
Even if true, that is very different that a company like longse that is directly stealing private non open source code and making it "theirs". Its not only underlying code either, they copied things like the UI.

IP_Cam

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought this and setup continuous recording which works fine. Then setup motion detection to email me which also works. I wanted to set it up to only record when motion is detected. I cannot get this to work.
Under Storage - Schedule Settings. I changed it record timings to Event and even tried Motion. Both did not work. Am I missing something?

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Two-way talk is working for me with the android BI app for my DS-2CD2442FWD-IW and my DS-2CD2432F-IW cube cams. I have them running firmware 5.4.5 and they are connected over ethernet. I only get crackles if they are on WiFi.

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone help me set up a similar version, the Annke Nova s 141HG to work with my Hikvision DS 7716 NVR? I have changed the setting from plug and play to manual, input the IP address the camera is using into the NVR, and user and password but still not working. I'm wondering if it's a non starter or if I'm a a whisker away from setting it up?
I have tried support from HK UK who have said that this cam will only work if it's ONVIF which I cannot verify.
Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have changed the setting from plug and play to manual, input the IP address the camera is using into the NVR, and user and password but still not working
If it responds to the Hikvision 'command and control' dialogue - port=8000 and protocol=hikvision.
For ONVIF - port=80 and protocol=ONVIF

But you can get a lot of info from the camera using ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
If the camera is on the LAN, ODM will find the camera automatically.
Give it some logon credentials, top left of the window.
The 'ONVIF port' is in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page, likely to be 80

With the Hikvision NVR, you can also use the 'Custom protocol' to configure an RTSP connection.
For the RTSP string, see the URL at the bottom of the Liive Video page in ODM

If your NVR has PoE ports - you'd need to set the PC IP address to be in the range the PoE ports are using, usually 192.168.254.x so use for example 192.168.254.200 and connect the PC to a spare NVR PoE port.

torvil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If it responds to the Hikvision 'command and control' dialogue - port=8000 and protocol=hikvision.
For ONVIF - port=80 and protocol=ONVIF

But you can get a lot of info from the camera using ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
If the camera is on the LAN, ODM will find the camera automatically.
Give it some logon credentials, top left of the window.
The 'ONVIF port' is in the URL at the bottom of the Identification page, likely to be 80

With the Hikvision NVR, you can also use the 'Custom protocol' to configure an RTSP connection.
For the RTSP string, see the URL at the bottom of the Liive Video page in ODM

If your NVR has PoE ports - you'd need to set the PC IP address to be in the range the PoE ports are using, usually 192.168.254.x so use for example 192.168.254.200 and connect the PC to a spare NVR PoE port.
Thanks Alastair. I’ve got the NVR to recognise the camera now. I was trying to instal it to Port 6 on NvR which must have a lead without a camera. Trying Port 7 (empty).worked.
The issue I have now is there is no live link. I get a brief view by tapping on the blue circle in the NVR>Camera menu but not on main viewing page or on phone either on same Wi-fi or remotely away from premises.
Any ideas?

Gilly

n3wb
Reaction score
Since v5.4.0 firmware is no longer on the portal, can the firmware still be able to upgrade? Or, does anyone have a copy?

Also, we tried numerous times to connect WiFi but unsuccessful. Any suggestion to connect without Ethernet cable is much appreciated.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Gilly

What camera make and model ?

Why do you want to upgrade firmware ? What is broken that needs fixing.

I have 5 Annke i61dr cameras after initialization with a wired Ethernet. I ran them on wifi for a while till I ran the cables ?
To initial set up the camera you must be connected wired.

Answer all questions.

1) what is the straight line distance between camera and wifi router / access point?
2) how many walls / ceiling bettween router and camera?
3) how many other wifi cameras are running ?
4) how are you trying to access camera, PC bi, NVR, cell phone ?
5) what software package to access camera ?
6) what IP of the camera ?
7) what IP of the router ?

This is just a start... You will need to provide screen shot in the future.