How to view Dahua cameras without browser plugins

Discussion in 'Dahua' started by tangent, May 18, 2018.

Share This Page

1. TL1096r

TL1096r Pulling my weight

Yes I just like to confirm to gain more confidence before doing. Since I did not see any win64 and just win32 I will DL/install this. I just want to try to have the safest option and IE11 with flash DL/Enabled didn't seem like the best option and why I found this thread on IPCT.

v. SmartPSS 2.02.7

mat200 likes this.
  2. tangent

tangent IPCT Contributor

Flash is a stopgap at best. It's awful from a security standpoint and will be discontinued soon, but slightly better than the npapi plugins. Most browsers that still support flash make you enable it on each website.

That is the latest version of Smart PSS on dahua's website. It works well enough, but you may have issues if you have a high resolution monitor and use text scaling.

TL1096r likes this.
  3. TL1096r

Yup. I am just saying all firmware is updated and still asking and going through flash. I log on just to edit settings but will just do it through smartpss. Thanks for the reply and extra info. Always appreciated.

4. TL1096r

SEEMS LIKE OLD MODEL ONLINE?
    cannot find new model.

Had to go to toolbox and download from there for latest model. the one online is not recent.

seems for 64 too:
    Project Name SmartPSS
    Version V2.002.0000007
    Base Platform V2.002.0000005
    Operation Platform Microsoft Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10(32/64 bit)

New Function
    1.Face recognition
    a£©Face recognition details links to record
    b£©Search the face recognition results of multiple devies
    c£©Search the face recognition results by name
    d£©Get the informaion by identification card and sync to attendance
    e) Face recognition of AI DVR
    2. Event
    a) Perimeter alarm
    b) Stereoscopic behavior analysis alarm (5 types)
    C) Crowd density alarm
    3. People counting
    a) People counting statistics
    4. Live view
    a) Crowd density picture
    Revised Function
    1. Add attendance status in extracting attendance log of access control
    2. Fix the issue of showing all channels/binding channels of EVS which is over 129 channels
    3. Auto login when use the link to web button in devices configuration
    4. Fixed the issue that white list of IP in device configuraion is invalid

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  5. 105437

105437 Getting the hang of it

I'm running all my 5231s on V2.800.0000005.0.R, Build Date: 2019-03-25. Using Chrome on my Mac, I'm able to see the Live view as well as the preview while adjusting the various settings. However, this only works when I use H265 encoding. When I change encoding to H264, I lose all previews. Any idea why? Thanks

6. lcp

lcp n3wb

Hello,

I have a question related to this topic. Is it possible to get the raw image from the dahua. I am using a thermal dahua camera that is streaming an RGB image but I want to get the original image (IR image format, pixel values from 10000 to 22000) not the RGB ? I have tried with the SDK I have tried with the web plugin with no success ? I want this raw value to compute the temperature. Any idea ? Thanks !

7. zape

zape Young grasshopper

there is an easier way:
    pss.PNG

tangent and jmcu like this.
  8. Nitedaze

Nitedaze Getting the hang of it

This is getting confusing. My issue is CPU load. Older I5 4670, 16GB mem pc, windows 8.1, using chrome and easy viewer logging into Dahua NVR. Constant logging out no matter what setting is picked is annoying enough. But this thing really taxes my CPU to the point of having to close it to play 1080p game smoothly. Contemplating running a 30' hdmi from NVR to PC and connect NVR direct to 2nd monitor. Anyone else notice this high CPU load? Any better option?

9. Nick70068

Nick70068 Getting the hang of it

Seamonkey doesn't have any problems accessing my Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2. Since I sometimes view this from other locations I downloaded a standalone portable version of Seamonkey that works perfectly with all of the remote functions of the NVR. This portable app runs from a thumb drive and doesn't install any software on the computer.

I downloaded the standalone version from SeaMonkey Portable (internet suite) | PortableApps.com

bigredfish likes this.