How to view Dahua cameras without browser plugins

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Flash is a stopgap at best. It's awful from a security standpoint and will be discontinued soon, but slightly better than the npapi plugins. Most browsers that still support flash make you enable it on each website.

That is the latest version of Smart PSS on dahua's website. It works well enough, but you may have issues if you have a high resolution monitor and use text scaling.
Yup. I am just saying all firmware is updated and still asking and going through flash. I log on just to edit settings but will just do it through smartpss. Thanks for the reply and extra info. Always appreciated.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
SEEMS LIKE OLD MODEL ONLINE?
cannot find new model.

Had to go to toolbox and download from there for latest model. the one online is not recent.

seems for 64 too:
Project Name SmartPSS
Version V2.002.0000007
Base Platform V2.002.0000005
Operation Platform Microsoft Windows XP/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10(32/64 bit)

New Function
1.Face recognition
a£©Face recognition details links to record
b£©Search the face recognition results of multiple devies
c£©Search the face recognition results by name
d£©Get the informaion by identification card and sync to attendance
e) Face recognition of AI DVR
2. Event
a) Perimeter alarm
b) Stereoscopic behavior analysis alarm (5 types)
C) Crowd density alarm
3. People counting
a) People counting statistics
4. Live view
a) Crowd density picture
Revised Function
1. Add attendance status in extracting attendance log of access control
2. Fix the issue of showing all channels/binding channels of EVS which is over 129 channels
3. Auto login when use the link to web button in devices configuration
4. Fixed the issue that white list of IP in device configuraion is invalid

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm running all my 5231s on V2.800.0000005.0.R, Build Date: 2019-03-25. Using Chrome on my Mac, I'm able to see the Live view as well as the preview while adjusting the various settings. However, this only works when I use H265 encoding. When I change encoding to H264, I lose all previews. Any idea why? Thanks

lcp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a question related to this topic. Is it possible to get the raw image from the dahua. I am using a thermal dahua camera that is streaming an RGB image but I want to get the original image (IR image format, pixel values from 10000 to 22000) not the RGB ? I have tried with the SDK I have tried with the web plugin with no success ? I want this raw value to compute the temperature. Any idea ? Thanks !

zape

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have tried SmartPSS but as I view on a 4k screen the resolution has to be reduced to see it (SmartPSS) in an acceptable size, then rejigged back to view my pc (Win 10) on the same monitor at an acceptable size. Too much hassle.
there is an easier way:
pss.PNG

Nitedaze

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is getting confusing. My issue is CPU load. Older I5 4670, 16GB mem pc, windows 8.1, using chrome and easy viewer logging into Dahua NVR. Constant logging out no matter what setting is picked is annoying enough. But this thing really taxes my CPU to the point of having to close it to play 1080p game smoothly. Contemplating running a 30' hdmi from NVR to PC and connect NVR direct to 2nd monitor. Anyone else notice this high CPU load? Any better option?

Nick70068

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seamonkey doesn't have any problems accessing my Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2. Since I sometimes view this from other locations I downloaded a standalone portable version of Seamonkey that works perfectly with all of the remote functions of the NVR. This portable app runs from a thumb drive and doesn't install any software on the computer.

I downloaded the standalone version from SeaMonkey Portable (internet suite) | PortableApps.com

Abormot

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anybody know one of Starlight Camera with latest firmware which will not require any plugins for web-browsing? Just simply name the model and non-plugin needed firmware distributive.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Abormot

n3wb
Reaction score
My Forefox ESR asks for this plugin: webplugin.tar.bz2. Does anybody know what is this and how to get it?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My Forefox ESR asks for this plugin: webplugin.tar.bz2. Does anybody know what is this and how to get it?
Sounds like you're using linux. When cameras need a plugin, they generally try to get the plugin file from the camera's webserver. Sometimes they point to files that don't exist. They've stopped distributing plugins on their website, though I'm not sure I've ever actually encountered a linux plugin.

I suggest looking back through the thread at suggestions for linux users.

What camera are you using? What browser? Have you tried other browsers?

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated the firmware on my 2 4631s over the weekend and I can now see live images on both windows and Linux without being prompted to download a plugin (on my android phone as well actually) using both chrome and Firefox.

I assume they're now using html5.

I'll check what the firmware version is when I get home but the build date was mid 2019 iirc.

Will.I.Am

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, plugin free.
I'm not aware of any of the PTZ's that have plugin free viewing yet.
From a real computer, study this: Cliff Notes
Bosch ptzs don't need a plugin, at least the MIC7000 range don't.

They work better with a plugin and you might have to remortgage your house to buy one though.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I updated the firmware on my 2 4631s over the weekend and I can now see live images on both windows and Linux without being prompted to download a plugin (on my android phone as well actually) using both chrome and Firefox.

I assume they're now using html5.

I'll check what the firmware version is when I get home but the build date was mid 2019 iirc.
Same. The below goes for MacOS Mojave:

Just received my T5241-AS-PV from Andy and was surprised to see that every function including IVS seems to work without a plugin in Chrome. The only exception is People Counting that prompts me to download a plugin, redirecting to NACL in the Chrome web store. Firmware is dated July 2019.

On the contrary my Firefox 52 ESR with the plugin that I used for HDW1230S crashes immediately when when trying to login to T5241-AS-PV. Not only the plugin, the whole tab crashes. Have not and will not bother figuring out why, since everything works fine in Chrome. I should probably try a more recent version of Firefox though..

Abormot

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to buy 10 Dahua cameras matching following criterias:
1. Plugin free for my Firefox ESR 60.9 (Debian 10);
2. IR distance no less than 50 meters;
3. SD memory slot;
4. No less than 4 MP;
5. Price no more than $130 for pc;
6. 2 - 4 days delivery (don't want to wait from China 30 days).

Nitedaze

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Seamonkey doesn't have any problems accessing my Dahua NVR5208-8P-4KS2. Since I sometimes view this from other locations I downloaded a standalone portable version of Seamonkey that works perfectly with all of the remote functions of the NVR. This portable app runs from a thumb drive and doesn't install any software on the computer.

I downloaded the standalone version from SeaMonkey Portable (internet suite) | PortableApps.com
Now that I've upgraded my PC, I checked out Smart PSS and it seems rock solid.